Saturday, December 5, 2009

Msgs from friends 47

Msg from Willy Wu

Hi Radhesh,

Getting a passport in India is really one of the most
difficult things to acchieve. I went through this
torturous process in 1975, and looks like this has
not improved a bit.

I waited for fourteen months, before I finally succeeded
in tracing my application to Alipore court. My application
was sitting on someone's office shelf along with many
others, stacked to about two feet high. The reason for
being there is not bacause of security concern, but merely
because there was no hurry to process it. After talking
to the officer in charge for fifteen minutes, he finally asked
me to give him Rs.500, if I want my application to proceed
any further. I was horrified and at the same time glad that
at last something can be done. Three months later I received
my passport after more chasing around in the passport office.

So if your application is going nowhere, then taxi your way
to the Alipore court and you will surely find it sitting there.
Keep this in mind " Money Talks and your application walks ".

Good Luck.

Willy Wu (1971)


Msg from Jayanta Ghosh

Dear RS,

I'll be arriving in Kolkata on 4th. I'll contact you by phone. The position in Bengal is making me jittery. I'm very nervous about these bandhs. But the mystery is BJP called bandhs had never succeeded previously. But this time it appears the LF and BJP were hand-in-glove over this bandh. Hooliganism and destroying of government property were perpetrated in front of the police, who were mere spectators. There's something fishy here. Politics make strange bed-fellows. I pray to God there's no Bangla Bandh from 3rd Dec to 8th Dec. I'll be going on MP tour on 7th with a friend of mine. I'll return on 22nd. I'll contact you again on my return. I have no desire to come back to Delhi. I've had enough of India's capital. It's the hub of criminals.
Whenever I open the net I never find you on the net. Well, see you in Dec, if not, definitely in January.

Bye for now.

JK


Dear JK,

Welcome to Kolkata.
Actually it seems BJP has realized that disruption and violence pays in Bengal.
See they way Mamata has risen in Bengal.and become Railway Minister. She expects to be the next CM of Bengal.
Earlier the CPM too had risen the same way.
There is no point in calling a bandh and being a goody-goody and allowing everything to run normally.
The day before the bandh, I had remarked that since it is a BJP bandh, I could come to work as they do not enforce it.
However, on the bandh day when I went to VIP road, I found that no buses were running as there the BJP had burnt some buses in Keshtopur.
I went back home and sat on the computer with my shares.
The police just look on silently when the violence occurs as the CPM itself had taught everybody how to enforce bandhs so how could it morally stop the violence.
That is the difficulty the CPM is faced in Nandigram, Singhur and elsewhere. It cannot use the police to quell violence.
It uses its cadres to browbeat the opposition (Mamta). However, seeing the way the wind is blowing all the CPM goondas have now joined Mamata.
Now that Mamta has become a minister, she is trying to change her image and become peaceful.
That vacuum is being filled up by the BJP..
I'll wait for your call on the 4th
Cheers,

RS


Msg from Kaushik Nag

Hello Sir!

How are you? I keep getting mails or rather updates from you! I am also an Ex – Goethalite! It’s great to hear from you! You know what! I keep waiting for your mails! Thanks a lot sir! Hope to get future messages and mails! My name is Kaushik! Right now I am placed in Delhi and am doing B.Tech. Computer Science, first year! Where are you located sir? I saw your picture, rather your class group photograph, it reminded me of my days at Goethals! Thank you sir for your precious time and dedication!

Hope to hear from you soon!

Thanks And Regards!

Kaushik


Hello Kaushik,

I and my family are fine. Thank you.
Which year did you pass from Goethals?
You will keep getting my mails and news of our boys, don't worry.
I stop only if somebody tells me he does not want to receive them.
Where are you doing your Computer Science from and where do you stay in Delhi?
You must be coming to Kolkata.
I stay in Kolkata.
When you come to Kolkata, you can meet me and my family.
My address here is 188, Bangur Avenue, B-Block, Kolkata - 700055. Cell: 9331259878
There you have everything about me.
Cheers.
See you when you come.

Radheshyam


Hello Sir!

Me and my family are in New Delhi now!
My father is the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) in an UK firm named Dipin Foundation
My sister used to study in St. Helens when I was in Goethals, now she is given her boards from CBSE from Ryan International school.
I am doing B.Tech Information Technology from Delhi University.
Our house is in Kolkata ya!
My father’s house is in Krishnanagar, in the district of Nadia.
My mom’s house is in Durgapur.
My pishi(s) stay in Kolkata, one in Belghata and the other in Garia.
Ya, I do go to Kolkata, but that is very rare. It’s been 4 years in Delhi now.
I gave my 10th in the year 2006 but I left Goethals in the year 2005.
I gave my boards from CBSE boards!
See sir, now you also know most of the things about me.

You take care! And I will be in hope to receive future mails from you!

Thanks And Regards!

Kaushik

1 comment:

INDRANIL AICH said...

Dear Radhyeshayamji,
Iwasreading your passport fiasco. Money doesnot only talk it makes you fly back onthe same day. Given my frequent travel abroad I exhausted my passport pages. We have a very smart kid in our office.My company was kind enough to get my additional pages done on the same day!!! normally takes 15 days . 10.30 am passport walks in and out by 5.30 pm.Leaves behind a handsome 12000 bucks !! dont be idealistic especially motor vehicles and passport office .trust me itpays to be abit flexiblew as they say!!