Prashant Bhushan's response to legal notice sent by Anil Ambani. Prashant Bhushan had complained of a money laundering scam to the SIT on black money. Details of the complaint, the legal notice by Anil Ambani and Prashant Bhushan's response can be found on the article below.
Mr. Anil Ambani
Reliance ADA Group of Companies
Dear Mr. Ambani
You have sent a notice for defamation to Google on 21st July 2014 for allowing its blogging site to host a blog where someone has uploaded a copy of my complaint to the SIT against you. You have also addressed the notice to my junior advocate who had only sent the copy of the complaint to a few select persons on my instructions. It is strange that you have sent the notice to them and not to me who is the author of the complaint.
Let us start with the latest disclosures. When I found that your companies have received a huge some of money, running into $750 million, in violation of laws of the land, at the time when 2G scam took place, it was clear to me that this is a case of money laundering. Hence, I immediately sent a complaint to the SIT on black money constituted on the orders of the Supreme Court and also released it to select journalists so that the people of the country would also know the facts.
If you want to come clean, perhaps you can answer a few questions:
- Isn’t it true that Reliance was given permission for ‘dual technology’ telephony and awarded GSM spectrum by Mr. A Raja even before the said policy was announced, and hence the Supreme Court has ordered CBI investigation into this aspect?Isn’t it true that your company Reliance created an eligible company Swan Telecom with about Rs 1000 crore of your company’s money to grab telecom license and 2G spectrum against the Department of Telecommunication Rules, for which your company Reliance, its 3 executives, Swan Telecom, Balwa and Goenka have been chargesheeted by the CBI in the 2G cases?
- Isn’t it true that no cheque of above Rs 10 crore in your company can be signed anyone other than you or your wife?Isn’t it true that the CBI has been extremely kind to you and has not chargesheeted you for transactions that you authorized as CMD and were fully aware of, while the three executives of your company have been chargesheeted and spent several months in jail?
- Isn’t it true that you visited your executives in jail as a show of support to them and prosecution had to declare you a hostile witness?
- Isn’t it true that a your company M/s AAA & Sons Enterprises received a huge sum of $750 million from a company called EMITS Singapore in December 2007 in violation of Foreign Exchange Management Act which is around the time that 2G scam took place?
- Isn’t it true that the ED has found that entire amount received from this EMITS Singapore was not used for any project by AAA & Sons but only transferred through a layer of shell companies belonging to your group f companies?
- Isn’t it obvious that this matter is crying out for a thorough and impartial investigation?
Apart from the 2G scam, you and your companies have been involved in the scams relating to Delhi electricity distribution, diversion of coal from Sasan coal block and violation of securities laws.
- Isn’t it true that Delhi Assembly’s Public Accounts Committee found that favours were shown to your company in privatization of electricity distribution in Delhi?
- Isn’t it true that your company BSES was found guilty of fudging accounts and over invoicing by former DERC Chairperson to raise electricity prices in order to make illegal profits from supply of electricity?
- Isn’t it true that you and your companies BSES et al. are running scared of an independent audit by the CAG and are not cooperating with the CAG despite the Delhi HC asking you to do so?
Sasan coal block
- Isn’t it true that CAG has found that in complete violation of bidding conditions the Government allowed you to divert the coal from the coal block allotted for the Sasan UMPP?
- Isn’t it true that the CAG has found that this diversion gave you a windfall profit and caused a loss to the Government of about Rs 29000 crores?
- Isn’t it true that the Supreme Court after an analysis of the Radia tapes has ordered a CBI investigation into the said diversion?
Violation of securities laws
- Isn’t it true that SEBI had initiated proceedings against you and your companies for multiple violations of SEBI Act and SEBI regulations, including those concerning fraudulent trade practices?
- Isn’t it true that after you moved SEBI for settlement of those charges, you were fined Rs 50 crores and barred from investing by SEBI for a certain period?
Mr. Ambani, would you like to come clean and answer the above questions, or would you like to hide behind legal notices to Google designed to scuttle the free exchange of information relating to the illegal activities done by you.
It is laughable that you are talking about your defamation and lowering of your reputation, when you and your companies have been involved in scam after scam of enormous proportions that any new revelation of wrongdoing by you or your companies does not come as a surprise.
Mr. Ambani, you are one of the richest persons in this country where majority of the population does not get to eat two square meals in a day. Does your greed for money know no end? Why do you have to indulge in illegal activities to make money when you can do good business without such activities?