Saturday, September 12, 2009

Msgs from friends 35

Msg from Karma Bhutia

sir,

i am back home and i am sorry i did not check ur mail in cal. anyway, met a cousin of mine and he helped us and we got things done. i would like to once again thank you for your mails and trying to help somebody you have never seen. i appreciate your call and i regret not being able to meet you or the rest of the calcutta goats. next time i am in cal i will make it a point to call you and thank you personally. dont want to sound selfish but we left immediately after finishing our work, running away from the heat and humidity. well sir take care and keep those mail coming as we all here love to read them. cheers for goethals.

karma


Dear Karma,

Pleased to receive your mail.
I am happy your work was done.
I know Kolkata is hot and humid and people from Darj and Sikkim try to get out from here fast.
Next time you come to Kolkata, you must come to my home.
I have sent in my last mail that we would like to take out a directory of all our boys. For that I have asked for some info.
Please fill all the details and send it over. Also please ask the other boys from Sikkim to send it ASAP.
I would like the directory to be out by mid-October.
I would request everybody's help.
K K Rai and Ashok Oberoi were in my batch so they should be able to help you.

Cheers,

Radheshyam


Msg from Ranjan Guha Mazumdar

Dear Friends,

LORETO (Darj) NITE

You have already been informed that we have received CARDS to the Loreto (Darj) Nite on Sunday 13th September 2009. These Cards cost Rs. 300/= per head (Including Dinner). We have to return the un-sold cards / money. Therefore, those of you who are interested but not yet collected your required cards, please mail the undersigned immediately within next 3 days

DVD of Felicitation Dinner

The DVD of the Felicitation dinner (for Admiral Nirmal Verma) is also ready. Those of you who are interested to have a copy of the DVD @ Rs. 100/= per DVD should also mail the undersigned so that we can make arrangements to prepare the required number of copies and not waste money in making additional copies.

Directory of Ex-Goethalites

We have also initiated a move to collect information from Ex-Goethalites (from all over the globe) and later publish a DIRECTORY of sorts (in printed or D form). Our Vice-President Sri Radheshyam Sharma has already initiated this move through his Blog. We request all Ex-Goethalites to please forward the required information to Radheshyam with copy to me and also inform all your friends / contacts residing in any part of the Globe to do like-wise.

Registration to the Goethals Alumni (Kolkata)

This is another call to the Ex-Goethalites of Kolkata to come forward and REGISTER yourselves by paying the REGISTRATION FEES of Rs. 1,000/= (Rupees One Thousand only). We expect near 100% Registration. To achieve our goal of becoming a MODEL ALUMNI. We hope and expect your fullest co-operation and active support.

Thanks

Ranjan


Msg from Ranabir Basuthakur

Dear Sir,

I am an avid fan of your " Messages from Friends", I consider reading it an excellent way to begin my week.

I had been an active participant of the alumni gatherings, when I was in Kolkata ( I guess I may have been a founding member too of what was the then alumni or its predecessor in the late eighties/early nineties ). Sadly, went off the circuit ever since I moved to Delhi some years back. However, your weekly mail helps me stay connected.

Providing below the requested details, please let me know if I can be of any help in Delhi.

Name: RANABIR BASUTHAKUR
Batch(Last Year in School): 1986


Msg from Soumen Dey

Here are my details:
Name: Soumendra Kumar Dey
Batch(Last Year in School): 1980

Also I was looking for Br. Gabriel Tomas contact details.
Can you help me locate his details?


Msg from Anik Basu

Hi Radheshyam

Here are my details. No use giving my Kolkara residence number as I am now Delhi-based and thanks to my cell, see no point in having a landline.

BTW, you are doing a great job. Thank u.

regards : Anik
Name: Anik Basu
Batch(Last Year in School): 1979


Msg from Gautam kr Gamguly

Dear Mr. Radheshyam,

I am a regular reader of your mail and the blog. I am from Kolkata but have been living outside the Country for the last nine years and very honestly speaking did not spare any time to become a member of the alumni or get in touch with you - you can say I never prioritized it. My sincerest apologies. May be some time I will get in touch with you. I will like to extend my sincerest gratitude and appreciation for the excellent work you do. I wonder how you manage this? Motivation everyday.

My details are as follows:

Name: Gautam Kumar Ganguly

Batch(Last Year in School): 1975


Msg from Kamalesh Kallani

Dear all concerned,

Thank you very much for the efforts put once again to bring out a directory. I have added PROFESSION too so that anyone can come to help each other.

Please could you give me some details as to when Mr. Nirmal Verma joined and left school and thereafter which institute he joined and any other detail as I would be giving the news in the local newspapers.

Regards: Kamalesh Kallani
Name: KAMALESH KALLANI
Batch(Last Year in School): ISC 1971


Msg from Parthasarathi Sengupta

Name:PARTHASARATHI SENGUPTA
Batch(Last Year in School): 1967


Dear Ranjan,

One of our boys had given a comment that we should write articles on our past greats.
We could start with Nirmal and then follow up with Prakash Bhartia.
You had read an introductory note on Nirmal of 9.8.
If you could send that note with additions, now that he has become chief of our navy, we could put it on our blg under "Know your fellow Goethalites"
You could keep one DVD of the 9th for me also.
See you of 13.09

Cheers,

Radheshyam


Dear Radheshyam,

Keeping the idea for our Web Site. In the process of finalizing the Web Site. Possible meeting with experts tomorrow

Thanks N Regards

Ranjan Guha Majumder


Msg from Navin Puri

dear sir,

here is the information you have sought. thank you for all your effort.

cheers.

navin puri.
Batch 1993


Msg from Gaurav Bajaj

Hi Radheshyam Uncle,

Here are my details

Name: Gaurav Bajaj
Batch(Last Year in School): 2001


Msg from Sailendra Pradhan

The details asked are:
Name: Sailendra Pradhan
Batch(Last Year in School): 2002-03


Msg from Paban Jung Thapa

Dear Radheshyam,

I know I have been pretty late to respond though I am really a regular visitor to you mails which are very entertaning and informative. I am extremely greatful for your dedicated endevours to get the " GOATS" together if not personaly but by your weekely reminders by mail that whereever you are you are the ones who belive in " DO ALL THINGS WELL ".

I am the youngest of the four 'THAPA" brothers from Nepal. Our school life extended from 1962 to 1969 and there will never be anything as rememberable than SCHOOL LIFE. I joined the Nepal army and at present hold the post of Major General with 36 years of relentance service. At present I have been deployed in Sudan as the force commander in the UN mission in Sudan for the last 16 months and will be here for few months more. Well I wont bore with you with too many details as you must be receiving many such mails. My details are:

a) Name: Paban Jung Thapa.
b) Batch Number: 1969

No comments: