Sunday, November 30, 2008

Silver Lining - Attack on Mumbai

They say every cloud has a silver lining.
What is the silver lining in the Mumbai attack
For one, I hope it makes the politicians act in a responsible manner, which will benefit the nation, instead of playing vote bank politics.
For, I warn, the next time this type of incident occurs, politicians will be lynched on sight like dacoits caught by the vigilante groups in villages and the security forces will push them in the forefront to face the terrorists bullets and not sit in the comfort of their suites using their lap-tops to plan poll campaign, or make speeches of Zero Tolerance.
However, I see a another benefit.
The England cricket team has left India in the middle of the series.
I hope this will be a sign to reduce the amount of cricket in the sub-continent.
The BCCI and ICC are milking a cash cow so excessively that it has destroyed my interest in the game.
I hope now we have a non-cricketing holiday.
I know my views will not go down well with everybody, but there it is.

Radheshyam

No comments: