Thursday, November 6, 2008

Clifton D'Aubney - 1962

I have very distant memories but,
happy ones from my time at Goethals 1957-1962.
I left Goethals in 1962 as we (family) were emigrating to the UK.
Having been in England since 1963 I have had no contact with
anybody from Goethals and therefore my memory for names
and class mates have become a little hazy.
I do recall that it was a very pleasant, happy and privileged
experience being at Goethals.
There are a number of names your blog has jogged my
memory with i.e. Mr Lobo, Bro. Walsh, Bro. Fitzpatrick etc.
I can also recall colleagues like Johnson, Brady’s,
Hayward and many more on your sight.
I did encounter someone from Canada who was visiting
a relative during the spring/summer in the UK who attended
Goethals (not during my time, he was much younger).
I am unable to recall his name, the person he was
visiting is called Mick who attended St Vincent’s.
I was informed then that there was going to be a
reunion of Goethalites which I could not attend.
Most of the experiences and memories of former GMS pupils
fills me with pride and happiness.
I would appreciate if anyone out there remembers me could
drop me a email and let me know of some of the experiences
we shared together.
As I have mentioned before I have had no contact with
my own peer group since 1963 from Goethals to share,
recall or remind me of those glorious days.
I have been married to my second wife Jackie for 18 years.
We have 2 children Robert aged 17 and Jessica aged 16.
I also have a son from my previous marriage Stuart aged 24.
I am a Civil Servant working as an Immigration Officer
at Gatwick Airport London.
Does anyone have a class photo with me in it?
My wife and dear mother would love to have sight of it.
Unfortunately my late father threw all our old photographs
from India away by mistake.
Regards
All the best.
Cliff D’Aubney

No comments: