Saturday, November 22, 2008

Messages from Old Boys 47


Msg from Viraj Thacker

Dear Mr. Sharma and Mr. Lobo,
Just came across the message of Oct 27th (re: Darj. schools) and their involvement in our blog; sorry for this very late response (I do not check my g-mail account very often!).
Yes, it would be nice to link other schools especially during these very troubled times in the district……sorry state of affairs, I might say.
On a brighter note, I was sent the following on St. Paul’s (captured on You-Tube “Down Memory Lane” in 2 parts). Quite well done I thought and it is sure to evoke some good nostalgia!
http://www.darjeelingtimes.com/news/Videos/Film-on-St-Pauls-School.html
http://www.darjeelingtimes.com/news/Videos/Film-on-St-Pauls-School-II.html
To keep with the Darj Dist nostalgia, I have attached a recent shot of my boys (one cannot miss the Sixth Former’s OPA Boating Jacket – I’ve kept mine intact all these years!) – one tries to pass the traditions on to the third generation!!
Warmest Regards & Best Wishes!

Viraj.


Msg from Avijit Roy

Hi Radheyshyam,

Thanks for your updates and this is to inform you that they are entertaining to say the least. I would, however, request you to post the photos that you had taken on the Alumni get-together that we had on 09/11/2008 at The International Club. Surprisingly I have not been able to view them and would love to.

In the meantime, we would love to have your active participation in the formation of the Kolkata Chapter of GMS Alumni/Association and in this regard would request you to make yourself available for some meets that we may have to call for discussions etc.

I am sure that you would also love to participate to make this a reality.

Thanks and Regards,

Avijit Roy.
GMS-1969.


Hello Avijit,

I had posted all the photographs on our blog the very same night I took the photographs.
If you go to our blog and click on the link http://goethals1907-2007.blogspot.com/ you will see the photographs and many more articles.

For sending them them by e mail I have to see what is the file size and then if it is excessive, the computer hangs. Hence I have found it more convenient to put it on our blog.
If you have problems accessing the blog, I'll send you the photographs by mail.
Do let me know when the meetings occur, I would love to come.
I am normally free on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Saturdays and Sundays.
Only let us not make it Kolkata vs Delhi.
We are all Goethalites.
Wherever one is located, he should attend the meetings of that chapter.
I am trying to unite all of us.
Mumbai, Delhi, Kolkata and Toronto have their chapters.
Bangalore and other cities in Australia like Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne and Sydney should also have their chapters so that they can meet and exchange info.

Cheers,

Radheshyam



From Lalit Narayan

The children had all been photographed, and the teacher was trying to persuade them each to buy a copy of the group picture.

"Just think how nice it will be to look at it when you are all grown up and say, 'There's Jennifer, she's a lawyer,' or 'That's Michael, He's a doctor."

A small voice at the back of the room rang out, "And there's the teacher, she's dead."

No comments: