Saturday, November 1, 2008

Msgs from Old Boys 44

Msg from J K Ghosh

Dear RS,

Subha Bijoya and a Happy Diwali to you and your family.
I've just now sent a mail to AK. I don't know whether SP is back from
his Himachal tour. He has not contacted me as yet. Go after him for
purchasing a PC. He can spend at least 2/3 hours on Sunday or on a
holiday, i.e. when he doesn't go to his shop The road is so
dusty and the air polluted any healthy person will fall sick.
The weather here is hot and cold, a good combination for
felling a person.
You seem to be very busy with your grand daughter.
Your PC is offline. By the way, ex-Loreto Girls seem to be interested
in the blog. What about St. Helen girls? Aren't they interested?
It's a very good idea. A lady's touch is always soothing. What do you
think? You're certainly doing an excellent monitoring of the blog.
Have you ever thought of taking somebody under your wing and training
him in your absence? Please don't mind my saying so. But the thought
arises in my mind sometimes. Of course, articles will be there in the
blog, as long as Goethalites will be there. But there should be a
centrepiece around whom everyone will circle, a person who will
control the strings, just as you are doing now. You're doing a
marvellous job. A person with no bias. Of course, all Goethalites are
unbiased balanced persons. Then if we could have ex-students of
Victoria, Dow Hill and other schools of Darjeeling it would be a super
blog. I'm really excited only thinking about it. Please make an
attempt so that the blog gets truly international. A few good media
people may also be invited to send their opinions on recent issues and
events. It would be great. Think about it.
Well, bye for now.

JK
25.10.08


Dear JK,

Thank you for your kind wishes, which I heartily reciprocate.
My Internet was down for about 3 hours.
It has just come on
I too was thinking on the same lines.
That is why I have added the sites of the Darjeeling and Kurseong Schools.
Let us see how we progress.
I know, there should be other persons also taking an active that is why I added more blog authors so that they could also write directly.
I do want somebody to be a bit more active so that the interest could be shared.
I would want people to search for jobs and also offer jobs on our blog for our boys.
I would also like our school to put up any notices or mention any activities they are undertaking.
It will take time

Radheshyam

RS,

Received your message regarding the get together at Kolkata on
the 9th November. But, unfortunately, I'll not be present to attend
the wonderful occasion. I'm really unfortunate.
However, my good wishes to all those who will be attending the get
together. I'm sure AK, DK and SP will be present to enjoy and meet
old friends. If you meet old friends, please collect their E-mail IDs
so that I can communicate with them. At this age connecting people and
recalling old memories add spice to life. For the present I'm stuck in
family affairs. God only knows when I'll be free. At least a year.
However, I'll be going to Kol in the third week of March. But that's a
long way.
Bye for now.
JK


Msg from Sir,Mr. Lobo

Hari Om!


Have you been in Delhi tampering with the Cricket pitch to thwart the AUSSIES getting back into the game?
This may not sound very patriotic, but I support India and hope they win the series.
Mind you, as a has-been sportsman, I give credit where credit is due. Shane Warne cannot be denied the honour of being the best leg spinner in history but what a terrible role model. I note the Aussies are showing their ugly side by being sore losers. They don't stop crowing arrogantly when on a winning streak but they whinge when the tables are turned.
Gilly has made his million via India but has stepped on Indian toes by commenting on Sachin...a mortal sin!!!!!

This is my first attempt at scanning so your feedback will be appreciated.

How come you didn't let me know that Manju has had some sort of a mishap?
My best wishes to Ajay and Shalini and judging from the information you pour into your blog, have you relegated you baby-sitting duties to Manju ???!!!

Myrna and I are keeping well, I've slowed down as to be expected but I'm still mentally alert and kept busy and out of mischief with my voluntary teaching and surrounded with my sons and their off-spring.

Happy Diwali and think of us when you consume the festive delicacies.

Matt


Hari Om sir,

The scan has come very well.
I didn't understand the tampering the pitch part until I read the scan.
As Naresh Goyal of Jet airways said "I swear by my mother, I did not tamper with the pitch"
Yes, it is easy to be magnanimous in victory but very difficult to take defeat sportingly, especially by big-mouthed world-beaters.
I of course, as I told you earlier, hardly watch the cricket tamasha. If there were a few matches in winter, I could look forward to them. But now throughout the year, we are having these tamashas.
I understand ICCI is worried, as the attendance in the last test at Mohali was not very good.
How long or how often can you milk a cash cow? After a time, even Indians, who have all the time in the world, will get fed up with the same thing dished out day in and day out.
As for Gilly, anything goes for increasing sales. In fact, he would be even more pleased if it was banned in India, as then the sales would increase even more. Still more pleased if some Ayatollah in Iran issued a fatwa for his head on a platter.
I knew Manju had fractured her left leg.
Then in the bathroom unknown to me, while bathing, she tried the Natraj poise, you know like Shiva dancing on one leg and taking bath to protect the plaster.
She fell and I did not know and she did not tell me for a few days. Only when the pain increased and I was told to massage the shoulder did I come to know.
With massage that is better.
Tomorrow, we will be going to cut the plaster cast. Let us see what the doctor says.
In our custom, the new mother is allowed complete one-month recuperation after delivery and she is fed all sorts of exotic spices to bring her back to good health. So Shalini is under the care of Manju. The baby also stays with the mother and comes out about twice a day.
After one month there will be some functions and then the mother comes out.
We are always thinking of you and Myrna and are looking forward to your next visit.
Whenever I tell Manju, a mail has come from you, her face lights up and she asks what you have written.

Hari Om

Radheshyam

Msg to North Point Boys

Hello North Point Boys.

Let me introduce myself. I am Radheshyam Sharma
I am from Goethals 1955 - 65 and presently reside in Kolkata
We celebrated our centenary last year.
Last year, on meeting old friends, we realized that we had completely become disconnected and so started our own blog http://goethals1907-2007.blogspot.com/
We have now run it for a year and all our boys have become connected as you may see for yourself if you read messages from old boys.
Some of our boys have studied in North Point or St. Paul's after a short stint at Goethals and they enquire of friends at these schools.
My friend Jayanta Ghosh then suggested that we should include North Point boys in our Blog.
So here is my invitation to you.
You can visit our blog.
It deals with a variety of subjects.
If you feel you can gain something from it or contribute articles to it which would be interest to your schools / college boys and generally to all, I would request you to do so.
I send a weekly newsletter every Saturday via e -mail,
These e-mails round up the events, which have affected us in India in general, and the world also.
I will send you the weekly mails for one or two weeks. If you do not wish to receive this letter, do let me know, I will remove your name from the mailing list.
Initially, these mails remind one to access the blog. Later on, our boys have book marked the blog and access it at least once a day as everyday, there are some new articles.
I am giving below last week’s mail, which I sent last Saturday

Radheshyam

Msg from Ashok Mirchandani, NP

Dear Mr Sharma,

Thank you for your mail. I found certain things interesting and suppose there will be others interested too.
I am forwarding this mail to Northpointers as well as some of your own alumni, and hope you receive a positive reaction.
Sincerely

Ashok R Mirchandani


Dear Ashok,

I'll call you you, Ashok as you are from 1957-68 batch, younger than me 1955 - 65. You may call me Radheshyam (RS) as my classmates in school used to call me.
Maybe, we may have even played football or Cricket against each other from our respective schools.
It is good of you to forward my mail to your alumni. Probably all our, Goethals, alumni are on my existing list but let us hope, there will be new names in yours.
I saw that your mail had two links, one to the Consul of Benin and the other to the Nigerian High Commission.
I have added them to our blog, as you never know, how these links may help our boys.
Look forward to hear from you, more.

Cheers,

Radheshyam

Msg from U L Mehta

Hello Radheshyam,

We all wish you all, and all ex-Goethalites and their families, a very Happy and Prosperous Diwali.

U L Mehta (GMS 1958 -1961)

Director,
ULM Management Consultants.
A 205, Ashiana's Heritage,
Plot 14, Sector 4, Vaishali,
Dist. Ghaziabad, U.P. - 201012., India.

Phones: 91-0120-4134625, 91-9899 858581


Msg to All Goethals boys in Kolkata

To All Goethalites attending the get-together on 9.11.2008

Hello friends,

Most of you must have taken quite a few photographs during your school days.
Some may still be fresh but others may be turning yellow with age.
I would request each of you who attend to bring your collection of photographs in an envelope with your name and address and year of passing.
If you do not attend, you could send them through one of your friends who may be attending.
We used to have all classes photographed every year.
If you have your class photograph, that would be very good.
I would like to scan all the good photographs and post it on our blog.
The photographs will be returned to the address you mark on the envelope after scanning.
Many of your friends living far and wide may be just dying to see the photos.
I will also bring the Personal Data Sheet so that those who have not given their data may fill it and submit it

Cheers, see you on 9/11,
Not the World Trade Centre 9/11

Radheshyam

We propose to add two new labels in our blog.

SITUATIONS VACANT

SITUATIONS WANTED


Many of our boys are well placed in life either as businessmen running their industries or well placed officers in reputed organisations.
Many occasions arise when they are in the position of power to employ persons down the line.
They put out advertisement in papers at substantial and then too they do not find suitable candidates.
I would want them to put their requirement in SITUATIONS VACANT,so that our boys could find employment.
Everything else being equal, I am sure if given a chance our boys would prefer to employ our boys.
I had mentioned in one of my earliest blog posts how Mr J P Singhee, Ashok Singhee’s father, gave helped in getting my first job when he saw in my CV that I had studied in Goethals and his son too was studying in Goethals.
I would like our boys take advantage of our school's goodwill.
Similarly, if any of our boys are in need of jobs, they could send their details to SITUATIONS WANTED.

I am sending this to you for your comments, as you will be actively involved in posting the details on our blog site. I would request anybody who would like to use the service to write to the nearest Blog Authors as I may become overloaded with the additional project.

Cheers,

Radheshyam

Msg from Bishan Dewan

RS,

I think it's a very commendable idea. This sort of thing happens all over
the world. In today's competitive world a nudge or an appropriate word at
the right place would certainly help young aspirants.
The "old boys" or "old tie" network will be useful to, not only, those GMS
alumni who've entered the workforce but also to our children.
I'm sure it would be well received by all those connected with GMS.

After a two-week stay at Adelaide, the wife and I are now doing the
touristy stuff here in Melbourne. A quick 3-day visit to Sydney next
week is in our plans before we head back to Brunei on 14th November.

With regards,

Bishan


Msg from Sir

RSS

Great what you are doing, that pebble that you threw is sending ripples far and wide. Be aware that the waves dissipate in force as they radiate further and further from the epicentre...in other words, don't take on more than you can chew.

Cheers
Matt


Msg from GMS Alumni, Delhi

Dear All,

A very happy and prosperous Diwali to you all from the Governing Body, GMS Alumni (Regd.)

In Delhi we are organising the Annual Dinner on the 8th November 2008. The details are as below:

Date: Saturday, 8th November, 2008
Time: 7pm onwards
Venue: 21st Mile Stone, MYNT Bar & Lounge (For us it will be the lawn), National Highway 8, Delhi.
Charges: Cocktail and dinner: Working: Minimum Rs 700/- per person; Students: Minimum Rs 400/-

Landmark/ direction to reach the venue: From Dhaula Kua it is about 12 minutes of signal free traffic towards Gurgaon. if coming from Daula Kua, do not go on the flyover of Radisson Hotel but take the service lane from the Radisson Hotel. You will have to travel on the service lane towards Gurgaon for about 2-3 km. After crossing the Shiv Murti, you will find the venue.

All are requested to attend with family. Prior booking is requested to enable us to take care of the logistics. You may contact any one of the below and make the payment.

Mr. Sandip Agarwal (M) 9811041469
Mr. Sumit Jhunjhunwala (M) 9873445121
Mr. Deepak Saraf (M) 9990292999
Mr. B.N. Tiwari (M) 9891005202

Mumbai also would be holding the annual dinner in the second half of November. For further information please contact Mr. Sarad Saraf: sarad@rassets.com


Thanks & regards,

Deepak Kr. Saraf
Secretary
Governing Body
For and on behalf of GMS Alumni (Regd.)

Address for correspondence: C/O Urban India, Third Floor Satkar Building, 80 Nehru Place, New Delhi - 110019

Registered Office: B-5/6, 4257 Vasant Kunj, New Delhi - 110070
Eastern India Chapter: 20B Nimtala Ghat Street, Kolkata - 700006
Western India Chapter: Our Lady of Salvation High School, 131 S.K. Bole Road, Dadar, Mumbai - 400028


Msg from Ravi Sinha

Hi,

Wishing you a Very Very Happy & Prosperous Diwali.

I am in Dubai and here there is no visible celebration of Diwali. However, we in the student community will be celebrating it in a small way.

Enjoy yourself and eat some sweets from my side as well.

Cheers,
Ravi


Msg from Ankur Bhattacharya

A very happy Diwali to you and your family Radheshyam. May God Bless you.

Regards

Ankur



Msg from Pu-Chiin

I am an acupuncturist, and I have a few diabetic and asthmatic patients, I would love to teach them to do the Pranayam. Please tell me where I can obtain more info, about this protocol.
Thanks
Pu-Chin (LCD- 1956)


Hello Pi-Chin,

If you can access the net you would find one article in our blog
at http://goethals1907-2007.blogspot.com/ under the heading Health dated 17.11.2007. This is entirely on Pranayam with a small dose of exercise for backache, hand, arm and shoulder ache, Kneeache, feet ache. These exercises I do regularly and touch wood, at 60 I am OK.
However, for more info you could go to Swami Ramdeo's site at http://divyayoga.com/main.htm .
The link to this is also given in our blog.
Swamiji has brought out many CD’s, which explain everything. These could be ordered from there or if there is a swamiji's store in your country, you could purchase from there.
Swamiji has a regular programme daily on Astha channel, which too explains everything. You will have to find the details of transmission in your country.
I have come to know everything by just watching his TV programme on Astha. I have never been to his ashram nor attended any of his camps or met him personally.
People interviewed in the programmes say that all ailments including CANCER of breast, blood, prostrate have been cured by doing pranayam and taking some Ayurvedic medicines prescribed by the Ayurvedic physicians in his organisation. Of course, his programmes are in Hindi.
By the way, Swamiji is a great fan of acupuncture also and recommends it in many cases.
If you include pranayam and Yogic jogging to your patients, they will lead a much better life, free of illness, pains and aches.

Cheers,

Radheshyam

Thank you for your speedy reply. i am going to Coimbatore in November to the Ayurvedic center where I hope to learn something, even if it is only for two weeks.

Pu-Chin


Two weeks is sufficient.
If possible, please make a trip to Haridwar where Swami Ramdeo's main ashram is located.
You will learn quite a lot there too.

Radheshyam

I couldn't access it, but I shall join an Ayurvedic center in Coimbatore in a few weeks, so I may be able to get some advise there.
Thanks anyway.
Pu-Chin


Msg to Raj

Hello Raj,

You will have to tone down your anger and use of slang words.
I have published you comment after modification after removing the improper words. Don't spoil your language. You write very well but should always write in such a way that even your children could read and feel proud.
I understand your anger but we must choose our words properly.

Radheshyam

Msg from Bhaskar Chakravarty

Dear Radheshyamji,

Thanks for accepting my contribution in your blog.
Your blog is a great asset available for ex-Goethalites to go back to their school days. In fact I have shown my children some of the pictures like the band 'The Rivals'. The faces are familiar though a few years senior.
Please keep up the good social work.
Sincerely,
Bhaskar


Msg from Karan Mehta

Hi Radheshyam,
Another week of interesting reading on your blog. Here is something from me.

A very happy Diwali and best wishes for a great year ahead to you and your family.

Karan


Msg from Willy Wu

Hi Radhesh,

Happy Diwali to you and your family.

Willy Wu.

This is really funny!

PS: He had sent the pictures of the doggies already posted on our blog.

No comments: