Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Willy Wu

I received this mail from Sir, Mr. Lobo.
He asked if I wanted to post.?
Do I?
Anything about us Goethals boys is lapped up.

Radheshyam


Radheshyam
You might want to post this e-mail that I received from Willie (Wei Kan Wu)

Matt





Just to give you a quick run down of my history path since leaving GMS in 1961. Did my B.Com. in St. Xaviers College, Calcutta and went to Hong Kong in 1964. Got married in 1965 and then in 1977 immigrated to Canada with wife and two children (daughter age 10 and son age 7). Lived in Toronto until 1986 and came to Vancouver. Retired in January 2004. Now have 3 grandsons age 3, 6 and 7.
I can still remember most of the things you recalled in you e-mail.
The hours we spent outside the classroom were the happiest moments we had together.
About five years ago, I had a mini reunion with Andrew Clark (who has since passed on) and Jack Joseph in Toronto. We spent the whole evening talking about the things we did as kids as best we could remember. Reminiscing all the fun we had when you were our class teacher; picnics to Kettle valley, Wednesday evening walks, on the playing fields etc. etc. We still remembered how obedient the well trained the dog you used to bring to the school and took him along when we went walking to the town (Kurseong).
You mentioned in your e-mail about us getting together sometime next month. I have not been keeping in touch with the old boys since Clem Lee gave up on the GMS website. The only people I still keep close contact with are Dipak Roy, one of our class mates living in California and Patrick Peirce, Br. Kelly’s class, who lives in Abbottsford, BC about an hour’s drive from us.
My home address: 6080 Minoru Blvd., Richmond, B.C., Canada, V6Y 4A7 Home phone number: 604-278-9885.
Attached is a fairly recent family picture. Back Row: Carol (daughter), Mamie (wife), Anna (D. in Law), Ivan (son), David (S. in law), Me
Front Row: 3 grandsons –
Matthew (Carol’s),Marcusand Colin (Ivan’s
Hope to talk to you again soon.
Cheers
Willie
Wu, Wei Kan
E-mail Address(es): williekwu@shaw.ca

No comments: