Saturday, October 18, 2008

Msgs from Old Boys 42

Msg from Anit Saraf

13.10.2008

Hello Mr Sharma,

Glad to know of such great news from you.
My best wishes for your granddaughter's Maiden birthday.
God bless you and your entire family.
Take care.

Regards,
Anit Saraf,
Kolkata.
Mobile-9830833056
.

Dear Anit,

Yes, I remember you.
Thank you for your good wishes.
Mother, child and our family are OK.
Bye now, I am in office.

Radheshyam

Msg from K P T Bhutia

Dr Radheyshamji
This is to congartulate you and your family on the arrival of your cute little Grand daughter... CONGRATULATIONS!!!
From K.P.T. Bhutia (Sikkim)


Msg from Thondu..Re: Mr Lobos Mail

Sir

How could you have forgotten to include the famous

" A loaf ( Lobos ? Glenary's ) of bread , a jug of wine ( tongba?)......"
and the latest edition of the Playboy.............................

Sir, things are getting so bad up here that one must resort to such low brow humour to remain sane - whether it is Gorkhaland , or the Tatas leaving Bengal or the unfortunate communal clashes.

My humble Salaam to the Memsahib

Yours (still) obediently

bhaloo

P.S. BY FURRY DID YOU MEAN ?????????


Msg from Safiul Huda, Re: Mr Lobo’ mail

Matt: You'll be happy to know I put in quotes from Omar Khayyam on the
margins of handouts to students; often this very one [the first one on
your list of quotes].

Also: IN THE LONG RUN WE'RE ALL DEAD. -- John Maynard Keynes.
Safiul


15.10.2008

Msg from Br. Beddoe in reply to my letter for my grandchild's admission

Rev. Br. M R Beddoe,

Goethals Memorial School,
P O Kurseong
Dist. Darjeeling

Respected Br. Beddoe,,

You had kindly given your permission to meet you in November in connection with the admission of my grand child in our school for the coming year.
However, seeing the present situation is the hills with bandhs being called every now and then, do you feel it is advisable to admit him in Goethals?
Not being there, I do not know the exact situation. Could you please let me know if our school faces probelems and whether classes are held normally ?
We have our school blog at http://goethals1907-2007.blogspot.com/. You must be aware of it, since the weekly mails go to you also.
You could use it if you would like to post any message to any or all the ex-students of Goethals. My e-mail ID is radheshyam.sharma@gmail.com.
Please let me know if I should come with my grandson for the admission formalities.

Thanking you,

Yours sincerely,

R. S. Sharma
1965

Dear Mr. Sharma,

Thank you for your message.
I have been away from here on meetings and have just got
back to base.
To answer your first question about Bandhs. We have had a great year
with classes and have completed to date all our programes as on schedule.
I see there are more closures in Kolkata compared to other parts of the country. Admissions are on and we have had numerous applications for 2009.
The leaders here do know that the schools are most important to the region .
Putting numerous workers out of jobs especially in these times is not the best thing for the locals.
We are now moving to the end of the year and are looking ahead to the next academic year.
However, the decision is yours and the admission in question is still open.

Thanking you,

Sincerely,

Br. M. R. Beddoe.
(Principal)


Msg from N K Sircar

Dear Radhesh:

Thanks for the message, presently I am working in BC, canada, if any one wants to get in touch with me, they can by email / Ph : 1-250-218-4613 / 1-250-898-9338.

everything is fine, presently my daughter Trisha, is a working lawyer in New York, USA staying in Manahatten. My wife is in Toronto, she is fine. I will see her in Dec-Jan 2009
If you have any contacts please let us know in Canada or USA,
Presently I am in touch with Saful Huda & Ralph Reeves, who lives in Ontario/TORONTO CANADA, working for Canadian Steam Ship Lines based in Montreal.

Well good luck and Best Wishes to all of you Goethalites

Your friend;
N.K.Sircar (1964 passed out)


Msg from U L Mehta

Hello Radheshyam,

Hearty Congrats on becoming a grandfather. How time flies so fast, before we know ... 40 - 50 - 60 years just pass by !

Best wishes,

U L Mehta

Director,
ULM Management Consultants.
A 205, Ashiana's Heritage,
Plot 14, Sector 4, Vaishali,
Dist. Ghaziabad, U.P. - 201012., India.

Phones: 91-0120-4134625, 91-9899 858581


Tailpiece, sent by Arun Shroff

A man walking along a California beach was deep in prayer. He was very perturbed by his wife's regular demands for going to Hawaii for their holidays which he could not afford.
All of a sudden, he said out loud, 'Lord, grant me one wish.'
The sky clouded above his head and in a booming voice, the Lord said, 'Because you have tried to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish.'

The man said, 'Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over anytime I want.'

The Lord said, 'Your request is very materialistic. Think of the enormous challenges for that kind of undertaking. The supports required to reach the bottom of the Pacific! The concrete and steel it would take! I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time and think of another wish, a wish you think would honour and glorify me.'

The man thought about it for a long time. Finally he said, 'Lord, I wish that I could understand women. I want to know how they feel inside, what they are thinking when they give the silent treatment, why they cry, what they mean when they say 'nothing', and how I can make a woman truly happy.'

The Lord replied, 'You want two lanes or four lanes on that bridge ...?

No comments: