Thursday, October 30, 2008

Bomb Blast at Gauhati

Today, another serial blast has occurred in Gauhati.
Rachit Rai, who stays in Gauhati, sends a first hand report and how he escaped certain death, just by fate.

Radheshyam


Dear Mr Sharma

Since you keep good track of news whether national or international, I just wanted to give an eyewitness account of the horrific day that I have witnessed today:

Most probably the newspapers tomorrow will carry gory images of a group of people carting dead bodies around but do you know that the dead bodies were being carted to the secretariat which is a short walk away from the blast site in order to work as canon fodder against the government in order to incite the people to the extent of rioting and a curfew to follow.I was there when the blast at Ganeshguri took place.It was my first experience of a nearby bomb blast. Believe me I was at the Guwahati Tea Auction centre when the blast took place.The doors of the auction hall vibrated and the ground shook.The auction hall is like about 700-800 meteres away.I was quite lucky as I had just dropped into the auction to take the brokers pages for my office and was delayed as the regular guy had already taken the fresh sale pages.So I decided to wait for a while, which was a very fortunate decision because if I had carried on after getting the sale pages, then I would have ended at the same spot where the blast took place at that unfortunate hour. I thank my god and the blessings of my sis on this day that saved me from certain injury or death.I came out and saw thick smoke coming out from under the flyover in ganeshguri.It was a really horrific sight and what followed was even worse. I told my driver to get in and drive back to office.There was no way we could turn back from tha area so I made him drive on the wrong side of the road where theres an island to crossover into the other lane.As i made my way back to office, i saw one or two ambulances go by carrying the innocent victims.Then came a gypsy packed with 4-5 dead bodies and blood dripping down its rear end.That really shook me up and left me wondering what the world is coming to?
We grow up in our own blissful lives when it takes a day like this to shake you up and make you realise that you are living with terror.Goddamn those terrorists and goddamn our government.In fact goddamn the ugly underbelly of our existence that harvests innocent lives for some hardliners fancy.I hope that none on this blog or anywhere in the world may have to go through such a day……………God bless you all!

Warm Regards

Rachit

No comments: