Sunday, October 19, 2008

President Kalam in Sudan

I just received Bhaskar's letter this morning.
It had the picture of a President who I greatly admire and a poem by him which I wanted to share with you.
It would be an injustice to hold it for one whole week.

Radheshyam



Dear Sharmaji,

Hello and Congrats for the new arrival in your family-grand daughter.

This is Bhaskar Chakravorti contemporary of both Rudra Roychoudhury and Ranjon Guha Majumder and I'm feeling low that I'll be missing the 9th Nov Get-Together.Please convey my love to everyone.

I am attaching a photo which I cherish for having had the privilege of being with Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam when he was in Sudan in 2003 as the President of India and I'm attaching also a poem which he wrote and recited to the Sudanese intellectuals.

The short bespectacled man on Rashtrapatiji's right is yours truly,

Bhaskar Chakravorti

Vice President

Micro Labs Ltd

Khartoum

Sudan
"

The harder you work the luckier you get."



Our Mission is Water
By:Dr.A.P.J.Abdul Kalam

My mother called me Blue Nile
I am also named by mother White Nile
When we grew and grew we asked
O…mother, O…mother
Tell us, Why did you name us Blue and White Niles


Our Mother said lovingly
O my children
You travel and travel
Cross Mountains Forests and Valleys
Thousands of Miles enriching Nile Countries
You reach Khartoum

You Blue and White Nile confluence with a mission
God has commanded you to give a message
You give a Beautiful Message


When we rivers confluence
O humanity, why not your hearts confluence
And you blossom with happiness
---------------------------------

No comments: