Thursday, April 10, 2014

What Did AAP do in 49 days - a view

I was working on something with a DJB(Delhi Jal Board) official before the elections and he used to be ready to meet me almost at any time on any day, if he didn't have any personal plans. After AAP government came into power,he go so busy with his work that he barely got an hour to meet me to finalize the deal.

A friend of my threatened an autowala on overcharging by claiming that she has recorded his voice and will complain to AAP, and then that autowala apologized.


There is a Thursday flea market held near my office and policemen use to charge a regular bribe from the hawkers, they stopped taking bribes from them after AAP govt came into power and it has started again now. Moreover the policemen who used to be pretty shameless and open about demanding bribes upon traffic violation became very cautious. I know of people who paid bribes to get posted in Delhi now paid bribe to get transferred, out of Delhi.


I work in Education sector and often work with School chairmen and Directors , so i know how difficult it became for Schools to ask for donations or do anything against the Delhi Government norms and regulations. They were regularly scrutinized for things they took for granted for so many years.


Infact the whole movement is very inspirational.This was the first time I saw a states' law minister at 12 Am in a cold night, on street to address citizen's complaint (Please Note that I am not talking about the validity of his actions). This was the first time I saw a CM on the streets getting lathicharged. It was highly motivating.


I am sure you would be wondering how irrelevant, stupid and small these changes/events were, but i haven't seen them happening in my entire life till now. These things are so unconventional that they make me excited and make me look up to something in Indian Politics everyday.


I wish BJP and Congress would have supported the Jan Lokpal Bill or atleast accepted AAP's request for an immediate re election so that AAP could have formed a majority govt. and keep up the good work. I guess this is the first time people felt bad when a political party resigned from the Government. (Hoping for change)


Even though things might not have been perfect but still, Hats off to AK and his team for this work(That too in a span of just 49 days).
And whether you believe they are Congress's agents or BJP's agents or US's agents or Pakistan's agents, they did actually work for Corruption free state, better education and better health services.


Please note that I have not picked these events from anywhere, these are real events that happened around me. If you trust me its great and if you don't, Best of Luck for your beliefs.- Shobhit Gupta

No comments: