Thursday, April 10, 2014

Bribe to the police for character certificate

Bribe to the police for character certificate
Reported on April 08, 2014 from Bangalore, Karnataka | Report #101452
I remember when my brother was travelling abroad and had to get his passport done, etc, there was a need for a character certificate and we needed to go to the nearby police station to aquire it (JP Nagar Police Station)

I know for a fact that this station asks for bribes for every duty they are supposed to do and my father had to pay them in order to acquire this certificate for my brother, the police officer himself asked for it calling it 'tips' or 'coffee' or something, lol. 5000 rupee tip he wanted.

I'm so sick of the policemen in this city as i have heard of even worse cases than this for which people had to pay bribes and have been harrassed by the policemen in Bangalore City.

It really raises a question, Who is supposed to protect this city from exploitation when it is they who exploit us?

The above is from the mails I receive from "I paid a bribe"

No comments: