Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Share market Scams

SEBI
Plot No.C4-A,'G' Block,
Bandra Kurla Complex,
Bandra(East),
Mumbai 400051

Dear sir,

I have been an investor in equities for the last 25 years and
have seen many ups and downs and many scams in the share market.
I had read of Haridas Mundhra and was caught on the wrong foot by Harshad Mehta, escaped Ketan Parekh but again caught by the downturn last year.
During my initial foray into the share market I too have had my share of dud companies.
However, now I have reached a stage where I do make some profit in my equities.
I know you are probably more experienced than me.
However, I am taking the liberty of offering a few suggestions to clean up the rot of fraudulent directors who cheat the common investor.

You have made a list of existing directors of companies and also those who have relinquished directorship.
I would request you to make a BLACK list of directors whose companies have committed the following acts of ommission and commission and put it on your site.
Been delisted
Been involved in any other activities by which the investors wealth have been wiped out.
Been involved through brokers and/or friends of manipulating share prices of any of the companies in which they are directors or other companies.
I follow the charts of most companies whose share prices suddenly spurt or tank.
In many of these companies, hardly a thousand shares are traded in a day.
Some companies shares are not traded throughout the year. Then suddenly they start rising.
I have a charting software so I know these people are cheating but gullible small investors who don't have it are cheated.

As soon as the price of any company starts spurting, SEBI's antenna should go up.
A notice should be placed in all papers informing the public of the dangers, mentioning the names of companies.
This would put a check on those companies directors.
The names of directors of these companies should be placed in this black list and if they come to the market for raising capital this fact should be mentioned in the prospectus..About 50 % of the 3860 companies listed in BSE are of this category.
It is your duty to protect the small investor from the clutches of the directors of these companies.
What you are presently doing is just beating round the bush.
You should be attacking the fraudulent directors who cheat the lay investor, directly.

Yours sincerely,

Radheshyam Sharma

No comments: