Saturday, January 16, 2010

Msgs from friends 53

Msg from Jennifer Kerwin - Loreto

Hi, I'm not sure who you are, but I have read a couple of your very interesting emails. I was at Loreto from 1953 to 1957 and have only been back to India twice. I live near Los Angeles and my youngest son married an Indian girl whose parents live in Calcutta so I have connections again to India. What is your name and when were you at NP? I was a classmate of Katie Engineer, Lai Chun, Vidya Singh, etc.
Cheers,
Jennifer Kerwin (Pires)


Hello Jennifer,

Thank you for your mail.
It is heartening to be appreciated.
You are right.
Neither you know me personally nor I know you.
However, we have come in contact through my mails.
I got your mail ID through some mutual friends,
I thought you may be interested in what is happening in India generally and Darj in particular for we both have had our schooling from there, you from Loreto and I from Goethals (1955 - 1965), all of 11 years.
I am Radheshyam Sharma.
I live in Kolkata and have two sons, two daughter-in-laws and two grand-children. Yati, girl, born 15.10.2008, and baby boy, not yet named, born 01.01.2010.
God has been kind to me and my family.
I have never been outside India, if you don't count Bangladesh.
I have a son, Jay, who is in UK and the elder son, Ajay lives with us in Kolkata.
He too will be going to Switzerland for 6 months on company’s work (he is in Cognizant Tech).
I am glad to know that your daughter-in-law is from Kolkata and you do visit India occasionally.
I welcome you to our home in Kolkata, during your next visit to India
However, I must warn you that we are strict vegetarians.
No, not even onions or eggs.
Since you have read my mails, you must know that we have a blog too at http://goethals1907-2007.blogspot.com/2010/01/facebook-good-or-bad.html. This is shared by Goethals’s, St. Paul's North Point and Loreto on a common platform. I hope to rope in Victoria's, Downhill’s, St. Helen's and Mt Harmon’s also
The blog is more than two years old and if you have the time to go through it, you will get some more idea about me.
You will note that articles on the blog come from all our readers and there are posts of one of the girls from Loreto, Fay Kelly.
I would be happy if you would care to write also.
Bye for now,
Radheshyam

No comments: