Saturday, October 17, 2009

Msgs from friends 40

Msg from Anita Chopra

Dear Sir,

I am a part of the Loreto Darjeeling Alumni and have been an avid reader of your mails. I wanted to let you know that I look forward to your mails and enjoy them thoroughly. You have a simple, direct and eloquent way of narrating the truth that is very refreshing. In this mail I was impressed with your analogy of Shiva, Bhasmasur and the current situation in our neighborhood.

A small introduction. My name is Anita Chopra and I studied for 2 years in Loreto Darj. – Class 11 & 12. This was around 1980. Although I am a Punjabi, I was born and raised in Durgapur (DSP) I studied Political Science in Presidency College Calcutta and did my MBA from XLRI, Jamshedpur. I now live with my daughter in California and own a software company. Between XLRI and coming to the US, I worked in NIIT for 2 years after which my patriotic fervor led me to walk out of the corporate world and follow my heart to the villages where I worked for about 5 years. I consider Presidency College the best part of my academic life and my work in the villages the best part of my professional life.

It’s a pleasure to meet you Sir and do keep writing such stimulating mails.

Warm regards

Anita Chopra


Dear Anita,

I'll call you Anita since you are 15 years my junior.

I passed from Goethals in 1965.

Receiving letters from you people keep me going.
We, who have passed from the missionary schools cannot enter politics for the muck but also cannot hold our views when we see the corruption and injustice being done all around.
That is what made you work in the villages for 5 years.
My sons are also in the software industry.
The younger one is in UK and the elder with Cognizant Technologies based in Kolkata. But he frequently goes out.
Do keep writing, if you have the time and inclination and tell us about your comapany and work. I am sure all our readers would like it.
And, if you happen to come to Kolkata, my family would be most pleased to meet you.

Warm regards,

Radheshyam


Msg from Ujjwal Das

Hi,

I would be changing my mobile number from the 15th of October to 08010208262.

Please update your records accordingly.

Regards,

Ujjwal


Greetings From Ranjan
Wishing

YOU & YOUR FAMILY
Ranjan Guha Majumder

Greetings from Desmond

Dear Radheshyam,

Wishing you and your family a very Happy ,Prosperous and Peaceful DIWALI

Regards

Des

Greetings from Bhaskar

My family joins me in wishing you a Very Happy Deepavali.
Bhaskar Chakravorti
Sudan

Dear Mr. Sharma,

A very happy “Diwali” to you and the family – with its full compliment of good wishes, prosperity and fulfillment!

The Thackers,
Viraj, Tracy, Nikhil & Shawn.

Greetings from Jayanta Ghosh

A VERY HAPPY AND PROSPEROUS DIWALI
JK

No comments: