Sunday, October 25, 2009

Diwali Gift in Sudan


Respected Radheshyamji,
I wish to share with you about the surprise gift I received this Diwali in Khartoum,Sudan.The Ambassador of India in Sudan, His Excellency Shri Deepak Vohra had invited a select group of people to celebrate Diwali with him and his wife at India House, his residence. Me and my family were privileged to be invited. At the party I met Maj.Gen.Paban Jung Thapa and his wife. Gen.Thapa is the Force Commander of the United Nations Mission in Sudan (UNMIS). He has graduated from IMA and Defense Services Staff College in India and from the United States Army War College and is with the Royal Nepalese Army presently posted in Sudan. And above all he is from Goethals year 1969. Once we got chatting we went down the 'khud side' of our school and we could recollect our sweet school memories.He was only two years senior to me in school. Reunion with 'P.J.Thapa' as he was known in school was the best Diwali gift I received in Sudan.
I am attaching his photo dancing with his wife on Diwali night.
Yours sincerely,
Bhaskar Chakravorti
Khartoum,
Sudan


P.S.I request you to share this news in your blog.

No comments: