Friday, December 12, 2008

Suki Sivam

I have received this from a colleague in office.

Radheshyam

Inspiring talk by Suki Sivam, an orator par excellence.

Some gems from his talk: 

·         Ramaswamy Udayar was the first CM of Tamil nadu. He wrote a letter to Delhi Central Govt where he spelt the word  ‘opinion’ wrongly. His PA corrected the mistake and brought it to him for signature. Ramaswamy Udayar said , “They want my opinion and not yours! And if I had made a mistake let Delhi know the TN CM did not know English; no point hiding that.”

·         Be yourself.

·         We always think “what will others think?’ that is totally  unnecessary. A doctor told a boy he was pregnant; to which the boy replied, “my God! I am not married. What will others think?”

·         Osho saying:  “Words are mine; meaning is yours.”

·         Rain is white when it hits the ground; depending on color of soil it becomes a different  color.

·         When we hear something we may attribute a totally different meaning; once in a college I said, “The principal of this college is an old student of the same college.” I said this with pride. I heard one boy murmur to another, “Did I not tell you? If you study here you won’t get a good job outside!”.

·         Some one asked me which was my best speech; I replied ‘My next speech.” We need to constantly improve. Not rest on yesterday’s laurels.

·         Our students follow the Bhagwad Geeta; they never bother about results!

·         Everything is in the way you look.

·         Two farmers were building a house in a near by village and there was an earthquake. Both houses which were under construction, were destroyed. One died of heart attack. Another distributed sweets. He said, “Let me thank God for bringing in the earthquake when I was building the house and not after I had moved in my family. Now we are all safe due to His grace.” Same disaster but different outlooks.

·         A Mullah was selling donkeys. He said one is valued Rs 500 and the other Rs 1000. He will only tell the buyer after he has paid the money why the difference in price. One fellow paid for both and asked Mullah why. Mullah said the latter one has eaten a Rs 500 note!

·         Tanjore doll was  invented by Budha’s key disciple Bodhi Dharma- to educate us that whatever is our extent of fall we should bounce back in life.

·         A fellow can be very happy if he gets Rs 95 lakhs profit or cry saying it is Rs 5 lakhs short of his budget!

·         A Sufi saint was on a ship and ship got into a storm. Everyone started praying and also asked the saint to pray. Saint did not. After some time storm cleared and every one was critical of the saint.  He said “what you are doing is commerce with God! I will not do commerce; He knows when and where I should die.”

·         TV has many channels; you get to see the channel you have tuned; it is upto us to fine tune our life.    

2 comments:

c saminathan said...

It is a good collection, useful to people of all age groups.

c saminathan said...

It is a good collection, useful to people of all age groups.