Saturday, April 25, 2009

Msgs from Friends 16

Msg from Bishan Dewan

Bishan Dewan has found the secret to the vast improvement in our cricketing prowess vis-a-vis the other games like hockey or football.
He has explained it graphically below.




Msg drom Jimmy Keir

Talking of games, Jimmy has sent some god photographs in sporting attire, watching Rugby and Golf.
Jimmy has also sent a very humorous piece about a granny at court which I have added to my weekly mail.






Msg from Safiul Haque

Radheshyam:

Although I have been remiss in my correspondence, I have been forwarding all kinds of tidbits to everyone. I do read the GMS blog. Enjoy those little jokes and so and all the correspondence of how everyone is doing, especially the ones of photographs from those days! The thing is, despite my first contribution being about the election in the US, I am totally apolitical. Indeed, politics I give a wide berth to. Politicians [in all countries] have only disappointed, so I just tune politics and politicians out.

On the other hand, politics seems to be your passion. You might consider going into politics. For that you will need a forum. A newspaper – or, more 21st century, a blog. This blog can become your mouthpiece, provide you a forum. But then won’t contributions like the one I am attaching, be utterly incongruous? Please let me know. If you think, such patter [as what I am attaching] can be of ANY interest to Goethalites new and old please upload it on my behalf to your blog.

In the meantime, congratulations on the weddings, grandparenthood and the wonderful branching of the family tree. May God heap upon you more and more blessings. Your happiness is my happiness.

Safiul


Safi,
It was a pleasure hearing from you after so long.
Yes, I have been receiving your titbits and posting them whenever I received them.
No, politics is not a passion for me. It is only when I see my country going amiss, I cannot help but pointing it out.
I would never join politics.
I am not a very good speaker.
In politics, you must be able to show that black is white and white is black by use of words only
I only know what is good for my country and what is not.
Until some time back, I had no hopes as there was darkness all around.
However, with Swami Ramdeo having taken up the war against corruption, I am seeing some light. Now, I can voice my concerns and raise awareness among the bloggers.
I have been posting most of my articles on the political corruption in India on another blog also http://www.siliconindia.com/blogs/blogs_new.php?e86E2CmS75N9i6pF3v257J10BKVz9KDz

All my blogs, specifically my views, I am gradually shifting to this blog as I don't want to bother our boys with my views which sometimes may appear very radical.
You people in the West are lucky as the politics in your countries have developed to a more sane level.
Your article on skiing is very very good.
Seeing the weather has become so warm (crossed 41 deg (cels), just thinking of skiing cools us down. It is very informative to people like us who have never seen an actual ski.
I am posting it immediately, with the photographs, if possible.
Now that you have again broken the ice after a long time, do keep writing.
Don't go into hibernation again.

Radheshyam

No comments: