Saturday, April 11, 2009

Msgs from Friends 14

Msg from Thondup Sherpa

LIKE AN OBEDIENT HUSBAND I WENT AND SENT A CROSSSED CHEQUE TO HOME SHOP 18 FOR A JUICER THAT MY WIFE FOUND THAT SHE COULD-NOT -DO-WITHOUT-AFTER -SEEING - THE- AD -ON -THE- TV. IT WAS SENT BY DTDC COURIER ON THE 25TH OF MARCH. ON THE 4TH OF APRIL I RECD AN SMS MSG FROM HOME SHOPPE THAT THEY HAD NOT RECD THE CHEQUE. I CHECKED UP WITH DTDC AND THEY CONFIRMED THAT THE CHQ HAD BEEN DELIVERED ON THE 28TH TO THE HOME SHOP OFFICE . LAST NIGHT I CALLED UP HOME SHOPPE AND THEY STILL
MAINTAINED THAT THEY HAD NOT RECD THE CHEQUE....

I HOPE THIS LITTLE EPISODE WILL SERVE AS A 'MILD' DETERRANT TO ANY AND ALL OF OUR SPOUSES BEFORE THEY POUNCE ON YOU FRIENDS TO " SEND OFF THAT CHEQUE IMMEDIATELY FOR THIS PRODUCT (CODE) "......

HAPPY SHOPPING


Hello Thondup,

Sometimes the courier people also play the fool.
Check out whetehr your account has been debited.
You ask DTDC for POD (Proof of Delivery)
This should clear up matters.
Happy Shopping!


Radheshyam


Dear Chief

That is the first thing that I did.... and DTDC confirmed the delivery. I an getting the POD tomorrow since it takes a few days to get PODs.

But I think there is a lesson here for all of us - DON'T GET TAKEN IN BECAUSE IT IS ON TV. Once I get the POD I plan to take the matter up further.

thondup


Something from Rex Barker

Gone Golfing...

One lovely morning, Ben and Thomas were out golfing. Ben slices his ball deep into a wooded ravine. He grabs his 8-iron and proceeds down the embankment into the ravine in search of his ball.

Ben searches diligently throught the thick underbrush and suddenly he spots something shiny. As he gets closer, he realizes that the shiny object is in fact an 8-iron in the hands of a skeleton lying near an old golf ball.

Ben excitedly calls out to his golfing partner: "Hey Thomas, come here, I got big trouble down here."

Thomas comes running over to the edge of the ravine and calls out: "What`s the matter Ben?"

Ben shouts back in a nervous voice: "Throw me my 7-iron! Looks like you can`t get out of here with an 8-iron."

No comments: