Saturday, April 18, 2009

Msgs from Friends 15

Msg from Bhaskar Chakravarty

Om Namah Shivaya !
Namashkar Radheshyamji,
You are doing a great job with your contemporary musings under the banner of Goethals. You are linking people like me away from the country not only with our motherland but also our Alma Mater. I am giving you the website of Indian Embassy in Khartoum,Sudan for you to incorporate in your blog. www.indembsdn.com
Warm regards,
Bhaskar Chakravorti
Khartoum
Sudan
1971 Batch


Hari Om Bhaskar

This site is just to keep our school boys together, when they are away from home.
My musings are about the political climate in India with which I hope to bring about some change for the better.
I have added the Indian Embassy in Sudan in our blog.
How is the situation is Sudan?
One of my colleagues in office had got an appointment in Sudan and was asking me for my comments.
Seeing the piracy going on near the Gulf of Aden by the Somalese warlords, I disuaded him from going to Sudan.
You will be in a better position to advise.
Do let me know.

Cheers.

R S Sharma

Date: Sunday, 12 April, 2009, 11:21 AM


Om Namah Shivaya !
Namashkar Radheshyamji,
Thanks for your kind response to my request.
I have completed six years in Khartoum,capital of Sudan with my wife and two children.
We miss the standard of education and professionalism in India. I have spent 15 years in Mumbai and two years in Bangalore before coming to Sudan.But we have had a very peaceful life in Sudan. Khartoum is perhaps the most safe and secured capital in the Arab and African world. The people are friendly and warm but lazy.They look up to Indians for their culture, values, bollywood and progress in science and technology.They also secretly envy our democracy.
Since the 4th March09 after the indictment of the Sudanese President by ICC, the economy has been hit. But we hope this situation will not last long. Sudan had struck oil and was on the path of progress. But the developed countries have their vested interest and hidden agenda, thus the difficult situation.
I would however suggest people to avoid a Sudanese employer except for few professional organizations like DAL group in Sudan. We have a large Indian Sudanese business community with their roots in Rajkot. A large Indian expatriate population is there with ONGC, BHEL and related private organizations.I am representing Micro Labs Ltd a Bangalore based pharmaceutical company.
I hope the above information is useful to you.
Best Regards,

Bhaskar

Motto: ' Try Harder , Know More '


Msg from Swapan Das and Parth Sengupta

I just received this message from a colleague. I dont know the source of the message; I also dont know the credibility of the content, but just beware.

Below is the content on the message:

Hello there. I just wanted 2 let you know that please stay away from the beaches all around in the month of July. There is a prediction that there will be another tsunami hitting on July 22nd. It is also when there will be sun eclipse. Predicted that it is going 2 be really bad and countries like Malaysia (Sabah & Sarawak), Singapore, Maldives, Australia, Mauritius, Si Lanka, India, Indonesia, Philippines are going 2 be badly hit. Please try and stay away from the beaches in July. Better 2 be safe than sorry. Please pass the word around. Please also pray for all beings.

Thanks and have a nice day.


Msg from Thondup

Friends

As you can see I have forwarded this message to a select few of you and not to "One and All" because I think it will be appreciated by you... happy thinking

drukta / thondup / sherpa

No comments: