Thursday, January 29, 2009

The benefits of Ayurvedic Medicine

Radheshyam's mention of Ayurvedic medicine reminds of a long treatment I had taken under Dr. Shivkali Bhattacharya, one of the best Ayurvedic doctors at that time. I was then posted at our Amherst Street branch in Kolkata. I was suffering from a serious stomach ailment which was gradually reducing my weight. I could not digest anything. Neither Homeopathic nor alopathic doctors could do anything about it. Someone in the branch suggested I meet Dr. Shivkali Bhattacharya, who lived nearby. I visited the doctor and explained my problem. I was quite surprised when he told me to sit beside him and I watched his method of treatment and the medicines he gave to the defferent patients. I noticed that he gave the same suggestions and the same medicines to all the new patients. I asked the Doctor why the same treatment for all the new patients. He gave me the same medicines. The Doctor said that the stomach was the engine which drove the body. If that is not done, the body will not accept the actual medicines fast enough and the treatment will be delayed. So, the stomach has to be set right first. Then, the proper medicines will work. I was under his treatment for more than six years. Finally, he gave me the formula for a 'pachan', which I have given to many people, and they benefited by that pachan. Actually, I was fully fit after about three years. In 1989 was posted at Sainthia. Once a month I used to take some medicine from Dr. Bhattacharya as a precaution. And now I'm very much OK. There are some leaves and plants which are easily available in the village side in Bengal and even in Kolkata which can be used as medicine for short treatment without going to the doctor. When I'm in Madhyamgram (my home), I use these leaves and plants as medicine.
While playing football in college, I twisted my knee. After an X-ray I was told that an operation would be required. I was afraid of operation. So I went to a an old Homeopathic doctor. I showed him the X-ray report and told him that I don't want to be operated on. I asked him whether there is any Homeopathic treatment for this, without the operation. The doctor said yes and gave me medicine. I didn't require any operation. However, if I stood for a long time, there used to be a pain in the knee. I was then in Sainthia. There was an Ayurvedic doctor living about three
or four kms. away from Sainthia. I borrowed a bicycle from a neighbour and visited the doctor. He gave some oil in a small bottle. I came back with that 'magic oil'. I took a spoonful of that oil and heated it over a candle flame. The oil was heavy. On heating, the oil became light like water. I simply applied it on my knee, without any massage. Within 15 minutes, the pain was gone and my knee felt very light. The doctor had said that this oil if applied to a polio patient having even a little sensation, the patient would be cured. He said that this oil was very difficult to make because many types of leaves and roots were required for its preparation and he had become old - over eighty- so it was impossible for him. Dr. Shivkali Bhattacharya had cured a lukaemia patient. I have seen such marvellous cures, bordering on the miraculous. My own cousin had nephritis. He was admitted in the Ayurvedic Hospital for three months. That was almost 35 years ago. He's now hale and hearty. I think Ayurvedic and Homeopathic treatments are the in thing in India today, with all spurious alopathic medicines flooding the market. The side effects of alopathic medicines are also dangerous. So, I would suggest, that wherever Ayurvedic Doctors and medicines are available, you should all go for that.

1 comment:

AOS Products said...

True article written here, we wish to join ok thanks!!!!!!