Saturday, March 14, 2009

A Friend's Grievance

I had received the following letter from one of our friends.
I have not revealed the name so as not to embarass anybody.
Since this letter raises an important point on our working, I have given it separately and not with the weekly messages.
I am glad he has raised the point so that I may explain how I go about the postings so that nobody has any doubts.
Radheshyam


Dear Mr. Sharma,

Several times I have sent you some information to be circulated to our friends but it seems that it does not find its place. I do not know whether its is all stupid messages that I have sent or they do not interest your personelly. Please let me know so that I do not bother to send you any more mails. You have been showing around personel photos of your family and birthday parties which may not be of any interest to us. We are more keen to share things of common interest.

........


Dear ......,

I am sorry if I may have offended you by not posting some items.
I am glad you have raised this point.
Actually, many times I get items which have been posted earlier. Of course, my memory is not very good but if I remember that anything has been posted earlier, I do not post it or it is worth repeating.
Further, in case, the e mail comes with too many embedded pictures, it takes me a long time to SAVE and post the pictures and so I give it a pass.
Sometimes, the files attached to e-mails are so large that if I send it with my weekly mails, the mails invariably bounce back for inadequate space in the mail box.
Sometimes some matter which are sent may jarr the senses of more conservative people , those too I avoid because I assume families may be seeing our blog.
In these matters, I use my wife's judgment to decide.
I have said earlier, that I do not consider this as my blog, I consider this as OUR blog.
If you want, I could add you as a blog author, then you can post any matter which you may consider appropriate without any problem.
We have so far 7 blog authors beside myself but unfortunately the others, except for J K Ghosh and Viraj Thacker have gone under hibernation.
Because, I am the only person posting, my opinions are getting prominence which sometimes do not match others.
If you are interested, I could send you the invitation.
As far a my families photos are concerned, I would naturally put anything connected with myself.

Cheers,

Radheshyam

PS: I have also given the details of what he had sent and what were posted or not posted, with reason for not posting.

I understand, I am monopolising the writings on our blog. It is because others are not forthcoming in playing a more active part as authors.
I understand there may be differences in opinion but we can give our views.
Our aim should be at least one new posting every day.

No comments: