Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Amit Shah seeks like minded Mafia Dons

Yadav with Shah at Ambala City

Ten years after he was thrown out by the BJP amid an outcry over his criminal background, mafia don-turned-politician D P Yadav is back on the party’s stage.
Yadav says BJP president Amit Shah is his “friend”, and that he might “definitely” join the party.

Yadav accompanied Shah to three places in Haryana on Monday to campaign for BJP candidates for assembly elections next month.
“So what if I accompanied the BJP national president? He is my friend. I am campaigning for the BJP in Haryana because of my friends. There are many candidates who share an old association with me. Some studied with me in school, some were athletes with me, a few were business associates. I will be campaigning for BJP candidates in Haryana,” Yadav told 

The Indian Express. Asked if he had joined the BJP, he said, “No, I have not. But if a good offer comes, I will definitely join any time.” 

Yadav is the father of Vikas Yadav, who has been convicted in the Nitish Katara and Jessica Lall murder cases. He was inducted into the BJP on February 20, 2004, but had his membership terminated after only four days. The then BJP president, M Venkaiah Naidu, who is now Minister for Urban Development, told a press conference: “We have withdrawn his (Yadav’s) membership. I have spoken to him (Yadav) and also to Prime Minister (Atal Bihari Vajpayee) and Deputy Prime Minister (L K Advani).” 

Sources in the BJP said D P Yadav flew with Amit Shah in the latter’s helicopter, and attended public meetings in Ambala City, Tohana and Bhiwani. They were on stage together at the rally in Ambala, where Shah sought votes for the BJP candidate from Ambala (City), Aseem Goel. “Whoever comes to campaign for us, we welcome him. Amit Shah and D P Yadav came together, and campaigned for me. There is nothing wrong in it,” Goel told The Indian Express. 

Yadav said, “I have been a two-time MP, a minister, and a five-time MLA. In all my life, I have never committed a crime. All the controversies about me are the creation of either my rivals or the media. I have never approached either the BJP or Mulayam Singh or the Bahujan Samaj Party for membership. I am a man of self-respect. If anybody invites me, then only I go to them.” Asked if Amit Shah had invited him to campaign in Haryana, Yadav repeated that he never goes to campaign for any political party unless “invited”. 

Amit Shah did not respond to repeated phone calls and text messages seeking a comment. The BJP co-incharge for party affairs in Haryana, Anil Jain, declined to comment on Yadav sharing the stage with Shah. 

Yadav said, “I will campaign in Narnaul, Nangal Chaudhary, Bhiwani and many other places in the coming days.” 

Just before the 2012 UP assembly elections, Yadav had wanted to join the Samajwadi Party, but was stopped by (now Chief Minister) Akhilesh Yadav.

I had earlier said one is known by the company one keeps.
Amit Shah, being himself an accused criminal who has be outcast from his home state will naturally seek the company of other criminals.
The names of two persons are given.
I wonder, if the third person is also a criminal.

No comments: