Saturday, August 8, 2009

Msgs from friends 30

Msg from Major N K Rai


Dear Radheshyam,

I was sent your mail by Navin Puri...very interesting
indeed. You don't know me but I was 1958 intake....ex British army now
retired in Kathamndu and playing golf.
The name of Willy Wu rings a bell.....I was in Cal last year and looked
around for Kar brothers but his restaurant was shut due to some labour
problem.
I missed the centinery as I was in Sin.
I would be interested to hear any news of ex goats.

Maj (Retd.) NK Rai


Dear Major Rai,


Your name does strike a bell in my mind.
I was there from '55 to '65.
Weren't you in the school football team?
Its a pleasure adding your name to our mailing list.
It does keep us connected.
We are having a get-together on the 9th at Bengal Club, Kolkata.
Besides all the Kolkata boys, Basant Lama also may come.
The Chief Guest is Admiral Nirmal Verma.
He was also there in the school.
I don't suppose you could attend that?
It would be a good place to know all your old friends.
Gazi, Gasper, N C Kar etc will all be there.
Golf is a great game of concentration but I have never held a golf club in my life.
Do keep in touch.
You will start getting my weekly mails from this weekend.


Warm regards


R S Sharma


Hi,
9th is a bit too close so may be not......it would have been an honour to have met Admiral Verma, ex Goethals and scratch our heads if we would remember each other.
I used to be in the 1st eleven in footbal, criket and hockey and the anchor man in the relay team against Victoria....those were good old days. Surely NC Kar died sometime ago but his brotheer NG is still around....I met him once in his restaurant some years ago. I am in contact with Gerry D Souza, Jonah Jacob, both now in America.....and also Malkani in Pune.
The young ex Goats here asked me to be the President of our Alumni...I said ok reluctantly but we haven;t been able to achieve any thing yet.
NK Rai


Dear Major Rai,


Your name does strike a bell in my mind.
I was there from '55 to '65.
Weren't you in the school football team?
Its a pleasure adding your name to our mailing list.
It does keep us connected.
We are having a get-together on the 9th at Bengal Club, Kolkata.
Besides all the Kolkata boys, Basant Lama also may come.
The Chief Guest is Admiral Nirmal Verma.
He was also there in the school.
I don't suppose you could attend that?
It would be a good place to know all your old friends.
Gazi, Gasper, N C Kar etc will all be there.
Golf is a great game of concentration but I have never held a golf club in my life.
Do keep in touch.
You will start getting my weekly mails from this weekend.


Warm regards


R S Sharma


Msg from J K Ghosh

Dear RS,

My MP tour has been booked today for 7th Dec. It'll be a 15 day tour, covering Amarkantak, Jabbalpur, Indore, Ujjain, Omkareswar, Kanha, Panchmari and may be one or two other places. The ticket was booked by my friend, also a retired SBI officer. Still another four months left, even then I'm a bit excited about it, as we've been making so many attempts to go to Amarkantak for the last four years, but failing each time. I pray to God I make it this time. We'll be going with Kundu Special. It is not possible for us to cover so many places without a vehicle of our own, which would be very costly. MP is a big state and the distance from one place to another is quite a lot. So we decided to go by Kundu Special as then we won't have to bother about fooding and lodging as well as transport.

I hope the rains have cooled down you people in Kolkata. In Delhi we're plagued with persipiration. The humidity is 100%. The coolers have become ineffective. God knows for how long this weather will continue. There's another bad news for Delhi. There's a range of small hills called the Aravalli hills, located in Haryana, which protect Delhi from the ravages of the Thar desert. These hills are being mined recklessly and mercilessly, although mining in these hills has been banned. Nobody seems to bother. More mining means more money. Remember in school we used to say 'Money , money sweeter than honey'. The same here. Those concerned have turned the other way with their palms open behind their backs. 'Money, money sweeter than honey'.

The great CPM hero Subhash Chakraborty has expired. I wonder who'll now control the harmad bahini. Each one will become a neta. Mao Tse Tung save the party !

Well, bye for now.

JK


Msg to Ashok Goyal

Hari Om Ashok,

I was discussing with A K Roy this evening for involving our School in our blog more.
Since you are nearest amongst us to our school, you could help especially since you may be having many boys who are days scholars living near to you or you may be even having your near relatives sons studying there.
We could have a weekly mail giving a report of all that occurred in the past week and what was planned in the coming week.
The school Almanac could be posted on the blog so that our boys all over the world would know what was happening, when.
The Annual results of the Senior Cambridge could also be posted.
The scope is limitless.
Could you give it a thought see how you could make our blog more interesting?
You could also give us news of the district and the local schools in Kurseong and Darjeeling.

Cheers

Radheshyam

No comments: