Saturday, August 1, 2009

Msgs from friends 29


Msg from Ralph Reeves

Hari Ohm my friend.

Just heard from Jeff Dessa. he might make it for our Goethalite reunion Sept. 19th. in Toronto. If he does make it I would see him after 41 years!!

Yes! Radesh, Indeed, nothing has changed in India with the trains being late not too informative about the cancellations and of course the political bull that would piss off anyone. That was good reason to leave (besides others ofcourse) and come to Canada. I never afetr 18 years here ever regretted having come here. I'm so happy and swore never to go back to India. but I felt guilty and thought I owed it to my boys to go back and have them decide for themselves. They loved it and even came back the next year for a holiday. If ever, I would only come back for a vacation. Hope I would not be confronted by political bull then too!!

Was in Calgary to reunite with my boys for 10 days. We had a blast. I am attaching a shot of the family while we in BC. We drove through the mountains and even saw a grizzly bear walk by the road from the woods. We took a dip at the Radium Hot Springs and it was very theraputic. My boys are very happy there and do not want to come back to Ontario. This is fine by me as they need to make their own life for themselves now.

Take care and be safe

Cheers

Ralph


Hari Om Ralph,

It is always good receiving your letters.
We get news from the other end of the globe where the weather and the culture is so much different from ours.
Yes, you are right. Things are so much wrong in India that one feels like throwing in the towel and moving out. But if we educated people move out then who will improve things.
No, no matter, how much difficult everything is, I will stay here and try to improve things using my pen and helping other like minded people like Swami Ramdeo to improve things.
If people like us move out, India will be left to wolves like Lalu Yadav, Mulayam Singh, Mayawati etc.
A day will come when we shall combine the best of the East and the West to make India a world leader.
You have a beautiful family. I am putting the photo on our blog.
You too have a difficult life on the ship. Take care and keep us informed of your whereabouts.

Cheers,

Radheshyam


Msg from Charles Tresham

Hi Rad

I note your experience on the Indian Railways prior to your vacation

It just seemed incredibly unjust that the trains taking us up to school from Sealdah were always on time especially when we would have appreciated a few extra days at home. Murphy’s law I think!

Dents on the car….well that’s pretty much universal. It happens everywhere. What’s worse is birds crapping on your car. Plenty of that in the UK and it really damages the paint work. Choosing the right car helps a lot so, for those similarly affected I have enclosed a short video clip with an ideal solution.

Regards

Charles H Tresham


Hari Om Charles,

Yes, Life was so much more difficult during our times.
We used to come in March and go back in December.
Nine months locked up in school except for the Siliguri boys who went home during the Puja Vacation.
Nowadays, with the broadgauge trains going from Sealdah to New Jalpaiguri, the boys come home thrice a year.
but, no toy trains for them.
They come from School by Tata Sumos to New Jalpaiguri within 2 Hours, hop on the Darjeeling mail and are in Kolkata by next morning.Just 14 hours.
We used to take 30 hours using Broad gauge, Steamer, Metre gauge, Toy train.
But then, how much more fun we had?
Cheers

Radheshyam

No comments: