Saturday, April 17, 2010

Msgs from friends 63

Msg from Karanvir Mehta

Dear Radheshyam,

Sorry for not writing to you earlier. I'm back in Italy.
I have not got any positive feedback from my friends regarding Sritanu. I also spoke to my friends here but the job situation is terrible, and a number of my ex colleagues are being let off right now. It's really sad but I met 3 in the last 2 weeks who have lost their jobs.
It was good to meet you finally. I had a very interesting trip to school to see the section run by Br. James and also to Kalimpong to see the work being done by the Glen Foundation which Jimmy Keir has been writing to us about. They are both excellent initiatives and some very dedicated people are working in them. I had friends from Switzerland with me and they were also very impressed. They thought what GMS was doing for the poor girls of the area was fantastic and they will be contributing to the cause. Makes me feel proud about my school.
Take care.

Karan


Dear Karan,

Thanks for your mail. Yes, it was great seeing you after all the mails.
I am glad you could visit both Darj and Kalimpong. The Sikkim boys said you had been to Sikkim also.
I went to Sikkim for the first time.
I liked the place.
You may have read my report in our blog.
It’s OK regarding Sritanu.
He is back in India and is presently in Mumbai.
In India, the job market is much better so there should be no difficulty in his getting a job.
In the meantime he is looking after his shares business.
It’s becoming terribly hot in Kolkata, already 41deg.
I wonder what the temp will be by 1st week of June.
I assume it will be around 50 deg.

Bye for now.

Radheshyam


Msg from Kamal Kallani

Dear Mr. Radheshyam,

Please let me know where you have posted the Sikkim Trip photos.

Thanks, regards.

Kamal


Dear Kamal,

I had posted all the photographs on our blog as soon as we came.
You have not been looking at the blog
If you look up the blog from the 22nd onwards, you will see the the photographs.

Radheshyam


Msg from Safiul

Radheshyam:

Well April hasn't gone YET. Yes, the prospect of Inflation is real. Just my luck -- as I am approaching retirement, inflation is going to come and wipe its feasibility away.

Have started hearing from Matt [Mr. Lobo] again, so I'm happy.

Did I tell you NK came and visited this past summer? See attachment for details.

Safiul


Dear Safi,

Read your account of the last three months.
Very well written and hilarious in parts.
The photographs are really beautiful.
NK still looks the same although his crop has whitened not greyed like mine.
I suppose being associated with the seas; the saline atmosphere may have whitened them.
Your son cycled 3500 miles? That's great.
By the way do you in the states still use the miles?
I was confused whether it was Km or miles.
The account will be attached with our weekly mail for others to read and share your experiences
I suppose we Indian parents are very protective.
My son wanted to go to Darj by motor-bike when we had gone to the centenary celebrations.
His mother and I dissuaded him.
We told him if he went with a group it was OK but going alone is strictly NO NO.
.

Cheers,

Radheshyam


PS: I see now you have come updated in reading the weekly mails ):

Msg from Richard Johnson

Dear Radheshyam,

I love being on your email network ... Many Thanks... I have just changed my email address... please note...
Dr Richard Johnson
Senior Lecturer
School of Education
PO Box 71 Bundoora VIC 3083 Australia
Tel. +61 3 9925 7820
Fax +61 3 9925 7586
Email: richard.johnson@rmit.edu.au

Warm Regards

Richard


Dear Richard,

It’s always good to hear from you.
I have changed the ID.
Is this a new assignment or just a change of job?
I haven't received any articles from you for a long time.
Why are you depriving the boys of your knowledge?
Do keep writing.

Radheshyam

No comments: