Sunday, November 11, 2007

Goethals Centenary - retreating from School

Nov 5th, 6th, 7th and 8th

After the sports, we left the school and went to Kurseong for a quick lunch.
I could take a few more snaps which are given below.
We returned to Siliguri by the Pankhabari Road with one hour and half.
We had been invited to stay at a Hotel of one of our old boys, Gurmeeet Singh at his Hotel Saluja.
It is a comfortable hotel, conveniently placed for marketing.
In the evening we went around the market.
Since the memory of my Digital Camera had become full, I went to Sony's showroom to buy one.
Unfortunately their stock too was exhausted.
I then went to Hongkong market to see if I could get it from there.
I bought one 1GB Sony Memory stick from "Playstation2 Variety Stores, T/565/34, Hongkong market, Siliguri ( Mobile 98320-39919 / 94346-51156) for Rs 900.00.
When I loaded it in the camera it worked OK.
But when I came back to Kolkata and loaded in my laptop, I could not download the pictures I had take at Mirik on the 6th.
I have given all the details above so that other school fellows who read this do not also fall into this trap and to avoid the shop I have mentioned.
As I said we went to Mirik on the 6th.
D K Roy and Wife, S P Chatterjee, I and my wife.
The journey takes about one and half hours and cost us Rs 1200.00 for both ways with halt at Mirik.
Mirik is surrounded by hills and has a lake in the valley where one can do boating.
We walked round the lake and took pictures.
Unfortunately, as mentioned earlier because of the memory stick problem, I could not save the pictures.
We returned in the evening and reached our hotel at around 5.00 PM.
On the 7th S P Chatterjee was down with cold and fever.
My wife had fever because of the exertion she had done.
Hence we all rested and in the evening caught the Darjeeling Mail for Kolkata.
It left NJP at 8.00 PM and we reached Sealdah at around 6.45 AM.
We were back home after an exhilarating, unforgettable experience.

Thank you Goethals
Thank you Mr Lobo
Thank you Bro Beddoe
Thank you Organizing Committee
Thank you all past pupils of Goethals for coming
Thank you present pupils of Goethals for Doing All Things Well



Mrs Hart



D K Roy, Mr Lobo and Mrs D K Roy



R S Sharma, Mr Lobo, Mrs R S Sharm and Mrs D K Roy



Jimmy, Mr Lobo and Mr Hart



Left: Road going to Victoria abd Dowhill
Right Hill Cart road going down from Kurseong to Siliguri



Left : Pankhabari Road going down from Kurseong
Right: Hill Cart Road going from Kurseong to Darjeeling



Right and below: Two views of the Kurseong Railway Station







Right and below: View of Church and road leading up to St. Helen's convent

No comments: