Saturday, November 10, 2012

Reduce your medical bills

I presently take Volibo .2M, I tablet daily for my diabetes.

Earlier, I used to take Volibo .3M but sice starting my Vegetable Juice / vegetables diet, my diabetes has become more controlled and so my physician reduced the dosage.

This after I decided to check the alternates available for this medicine from http://www.medguideindia.com/ which was earlier recommended by I think Atul. In the list there were 11 brands which are equivalent to Volibo .2M.

Volibo .2M is made by Sun Pharma and costs Rs 7.20 per tablet.

The other tablets varied is cost from Rs 3.60 to Rs 8.50 per tablet.

Since all the brands would not be available at the chemists shop, I took a print out of the page to the chemist and asked him which brand was available.

PPG MT (500+ .2) of Piramal Pharma was available, which I bought at Rs 5.45 each.

I thus made a saving of 25% on my purchase.

Actually I must have made a much larger saving as the price of the two medicines in the list I have is Volibo 0.2m (Rs 7.20 ) and PPG MT (4.95).

The price of PPG MT had increased from Rs 4.95 to Rs 5.45 so the price of Volibo 0.2M should also have increased to Rs 7.92.

I would thus recommend that all of you who buy medicines regularly to go to the site http://www.medguideindia.com/'

1. Write the brand name of the medicine you are buying in box on the left hand bottom.

A drop down list will come down giving the list having of medicines with different strengths.

2.Click on the appropriate name and click submit

3.You will go to a new page giving the deatil of the brand.

4.On the right hand column, Constituents / Unit, click on Active Ingredients (Generic)

This will take you to page giving the (a)Matched Brands with above Constituents and (b) Find Indication, Contra-indication, Precaution and Side effect

5. Click on (a)Matched Brands with above Constituents

You will be taken to a page giving Match Brand Lists of your bfand

Take a print out of this page when you go to the chemist and buy only the medicine of reputed manufacturers.

I can assure you you can save more than 25% in your medicine bills.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks Bro. But it is not see to know the names of reputed Cos. and the ones we know, the medicines are very costly as we have to bear the expenses of gifts and commissions of the doctors

My School - I wish said...

We ourselves have to fight against this corruption in the medical profession as I have been highlighting in our blog. You could also follow the site of People for Better Treatment http://pbtindia.com/ of Dr. Kunal Saha and point out any negligence/corruption you may have noticed in the medical profession.
This post of mine was to reduce the unavoidable cost you have to incur when you have to buy prescribed medicines as Doctors are in the habit of prescribing medicines of companies whose representatives have greased the doctors palms by way of gifts, commissions or free samples.

Dr.savita mittal said...

Your blog is excellent and will definitely help consumers to cut the cost on medicines
Thanks
S. mittal