Saturday, September 13, 2008

Serial Bomb Blast at Delhi

I was just preparing my weekly mails to our boys when I received a message from J K Ghosh regarding serial blast occuring in Delhi.
I put on the TV and found that five bombs had gone off at different places and some three bombs had been diffused. About 18 people have been killed and about 100 have been injured.
I started a chat with JK regarding the blasts asn other related events.
I am giving belwo the range of our discussion which do not require any further explanation.
We are fed-up of this appeasement policy of the government.


J: Today there is again serial blasts in Delhi, as expected.
Sent at 20:04 on Saturday
me: It is to be expected. We are so tolerant to the muslims because of their vote bank.
J: As long as Pakistan & Bangladesh exist, bomb blasts will continue.
Bengal is a haven for terrorists.
me: You cannot wipe out Pakistan and Bangla Desh. What we can do is treat all citizens alike and not treat Muslims with kid gloves because of their vote bank. Our prime minister says we should not utter the name Muslim if they are associated with crimes
I only wish Parliament is blasted so that our politicians are wiped out
They are the cause of all this destruction
J: Just as you have stated. The Muslims have been given a special status. If you touch them, you become communal. But if they touch us, we have to be tolerant.
J: But, unfortunately, the Parliament is empty on most days. Very few MPs attend Parliament.
me: Pakistan is important for just that. I hope they send some terrorists to blast parliament when it is in session
J: We'll have to send a message to Pakistan to do that. It is very easy to bomb Parliament, because our security is very soft.
me: No, it is not easy to bomb parliament unless you bomb from the air. These politicians are very careful of their own security. See how they use all the letters of the alphabets to denote their security, the highest being Z class
J: My daughter in law works in Karol Bagh. She rang me up that serial blasts have occured. Fortunately she got a bus in time, otherwise she would have been stuck.
me: Thank God!
J: In our country there is a minority loan given to Muslims. Naturally, the loans are never repaid. Our system of governance is funny and lobsided. Poor Hindus are never given loans. I think I told you before that long ago one Bihari gentleman told my father that "Hindu se raj nai chalta, khas karke Brahmin se"
J: Tolerance is our curse.
me: You are right. The two higher castes, the Brahmins and kshatriyas are the cause of the present day ailments in Hindu society. Using their intelligence and power they dominated the poor people and did not allow education to become universal in India
me: Now even after 60 years of independence, we are having caste war in parts of Bihar and UP. It is this differences which the Christians try to use for conversions
J: The poor people have been exploited for ages. Even now. The creation of Jharkhand, Chhatisgarh are examples. The unrest in North East is due to negligence on the part of centre as well as the state governments. All schools, colleges and hospitals are run by Christian missionaries. Only in Arunachal there is one school run by the Ramakrishna Mission along with a hospital. There is no government support in these areas.
J: That is why you will find Christianity flourishing in the North East.
J: I can hear crying and shouting in the TV, such chaos. Who is to blame?
me: India has been ruled after independence by the north Indian cow belt states of UP and Bihar because they sent the maximum number of MP's to Delhi. Most of them were uneducated but had good caste strngth. They never knew that India had other states after Bengal in the East and considered all south Indian as Madrasis. The founders of our constitution made a mistake in allowing anybody above 18 to fight elections. Criminals and uneducated should have been filtered out. But our leaders were so much in a hurry to enjoy power that they did not give that a thought. They just wanted to enjoy the fruits of their "fighting for independence" Even now people 40 years of age are getting "freedom fighters" certificates with all the ensuing benefits.
J: You are absolutely correct. "Freedom fighter Pensioners" are increasing every month. When I was in Ashoknagar, there were 5 ledgers of Freedom Fighter pensioners. In fact there were so many pensioners that one battalion could have been formed. There was an investigation regarding the authenticity of the pensioners. But for some unknown reason the investigation was stopped. The landlord of the Bank building was involved in this racket. He would prepare all the papers and get the pension sanctioned. The arrear payment from 1947 would be pocketed by him and the pensioner would get the pension. But the fellow suffered for his sins. One son was insane, another turned out to be a 420, just like him, and himself died a premature death.
J: Anyway, forget all this. Have you written anything in the blog today? I haven't written for a long time. I'll start next week. On Monday I'll have to submit the DDA application after taking my son's signature and attaching his photo.
me: Our chat has been quite interesting today. You can go through it again. If you agree I propose to put it in my weekly mail to everybody, if you agree
J: Sure I agree.
J: Again loadshedding, or what?
me: Good, I will be posting today with proper editing
No actually I had copied our chat and was just editing it for slight mistakes
J: OK. So, I shall say good night for today, shall I ? Or want to continue.
me: Actually our police take action after the event occurs. That is a mistake.
The police should be proactive. Every now an then, they should surround areas and check each and every house for terrorists
It will never be possible to keep a watch on every place in India
J: Very good. When are you expecting to be grandpa?
me: Any day now. POTA should be reintroduced but with the elections in sight they will never do it
me: Unless the police is proactive and arrest people before they commit the crime, this will always continue. Arrest can only be made if the make surprise raids in selected areas.
J: What you are saying is not at all possible. I don't know if you have followed the interview of the ex-Security Chief of USA after the 9/11 blasts. He said that the security at the airports was so lackadaisical that he boarded planes from 57 points with arms without being questioned. This happened just 2 months before the blasts. The gentleman submitted a report on the security lapses and warned that a serious accident could happen any day. But, unfortunately, nobody bothered. And the 9/11 happened.
J: As for making surprise raids in selected areas is out of the question. It would be sacrilege.
me: I know. We should make raids in other areas also so that they cannot point out that we are being unfair.
me: But, if one criminal is found in Hindu areas, there will be 10 in muslim areas. They constitute 15 to 20% of India's population yet they commit 90 % of the crimes in India
J: Maybe. But to do that it requires a tough and coolheaded person. The persons we're having at the centre are all nincompoops.
me: If anybody can do so, it will be Modi in Gujarat
J: You're absolutely right. He's the only one with guts.
me: Actually the Hindus are all fed-up now. It is only the Western press people like Karan Thapar and other intellectuals who although they may be thinking on the same lines personally but do not like to mention it in public for it would destroy their reputation of being enlightened
me: Modi, just gave the Hindus in Gujarat a rallying point and that was followed by a corruption free government that delivered. That is why he is so popular in Gujarat
J: Nobody wants to lose the centre's favour. No matter what the personal opinion is, people like Karan Thapar, keeps the centre happy for favours doled out to them from time to time. You know, accomapanying the P.M. on foreign tours, things like that.
me: Yes, that is probably the reason why he favours the congress so much
J: Recently, Modi was not permitted entry to USA. So, speaking one's mind is very dangerous in politics. One has to flow with time, no matter how much one dislikes it. Speaking the truth, no matter how bitter it is, requires guts and self-confidence, which Modi has.
me: It is perfectly OK if the USA refuses entry to Modi. USA has certain criterior for entry. If anybody does not meet that criterior, they are refused entry.It is only if if you become powerful and do not care for world opinion then people respect you. Inspite of human rights violation by China, the USA has been made to lick it's boots because now China has become powerful. If you want respect just because you have a large population, nobody will respect you
J: In politics, guts, self-confidence and timing are very important. One must have an aim to achieve. That must be very clear. Then comes strategy. Which may change according to the situation, that's where guts and self-cinfidence come in. Then timing, with an element of surprise. Then hit the hammer on the head.
me: Yes, it is dirty
J: What others think of you is unimportant, if your goal is clear.
me: I don't know where India would have reached if we had honest politicians
One man in China Deng Xiaoping has changed it completely with his foresight
I wish we had somebody like him in India. We have too much freedom
Criminals are summarily executed in China
J: Corruption has eaten into our marrows. Honest politicians don't have a place in our brand of politics. They would be liquidated. Even in the USA Robert Kennedy was killed because he went for cleaning the country. He went after big business houses.
me: One couple is allowed to produce one child in China. Those people who lost their child in the recent earthquake were given special permission to have a second child
me: There are certain aspects of China which India would gain if it replicated
J: Maybe China has improved in many fields, as displayed in the recent Olympics, but I don't trust China. It's a big threat to India, worse than Pakistan.
China is a two-faced snake.
me: Yes, neither do I trust it. But India would be stronger if it followed China in certain things
me: As I said, nobody respects you if you are weak. Nehru made the first mistake when he quietly acquiesced when China invaded Tibet
J: That is true. But then a lot changes would have to be made in our constitution, which is not possible.
me: The politicians cannot make the change. I am only hoping they chose a President who they think is a lamb but turns out to be a lion, like T N Seshan
me: Nobody knew what power the election commision had. He put the fear in the politicians. The president too has enormous powers, only he has to use them
me: I have no confidence in the present lot of politicians of any party. They are all scoundrels
They will never be able to improve India
J: The problem with India is it has displayed itself as peace loving nation, tolerance - ready to get slapped on both cheeks. Always afraid what other countries will think of India if it takes any strong step. Lacking confidence. Mrs. Indira Gandhi was the right person under the circumstances. When she declared Emergency, the general public enjoyed much more comfort. All govt. offices functioned smoothly, all trains ran in time. Everything ran smoothly. It was the selfish politicians who shouted rape. I really enjoyed the period of Emergency. Do you remember the 1971 war? How she conducted it. Made a hurricane tour of all the countries explaining the true situation and then declared war. She even dared the 7th Fleet. She was Confidence impersonated. We want a leader like her.
me: Yes, Indira was a good leader, but corruption also started with her. She favoured her son right or wrong, that was what got her down
Before Indira, we did not have corruption in such a large scale
me: J L Nehru, L B Shastri, G L Nanda were all honest.. Just as Kalug came with Parikshit, corruption came with Indira
me: Power corrupts, and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Indira Gandhi suddenly got absolute power and she became arrogant and corrupt
J: It was Mrs. Gandhi who initiated scientific progress. It was during her period that every inch of the country was surveyed by the GSI. When she declared that an Indian ship had landed in the Antartica, the whole world was stunned. No country had an inkling that India was sending a ship to the ice continent with scientists on board. You know why ? Those so called developed countries thought that the continent was their paternal property. Indira Gandhi had the guts to defy them.
me: Her father too had absolute power, but having had power throughout his life, it did not go to his head
J: Mrs. Gandhi may have had faults. But she did something for the country. You may dislike her method, but I liked it. Our lower grade leaders need the boot to keep them in line. Prime Ministers before her did nothing.
me: But the centre has been weakened so much by paracholism of individual states, that we can never have a strong central leader now. It will all be compromise between different pulls
me: You are right in that. But I think Rajeev Gandhi made a greater contribution to India's development than India. If he had not brought in Sam Pitroda and brought in the communication revolution we would probably still be making urgent call, lightning calls and fixed time calls over Calcutta telephones. The poor chap died because he was honest and did not know the rules of corrupt pokiticians
me: I agree that there should be a strong leader who can take action and say "THE BUCK STOPS HERE"
J: For your information, Rajeev Gandhi had taken bed sheets and napkins from one of our bank units in U.P. for a hotel in Italy and never paid for it.
me: Yes, he may have. Everybody has committed certain idiotic things in their youth. We have done them in school and college, but that does not take away our basic values
J: Well, RS, I think I'll say good night for today. Dinner bell has rung. Son has just come in. We'll chat tomorrow.
OK, good night. It was a good discussion
Sent at 22:45 on Saturday

No comments: