Saturday, September 27, 2008

Msgs from Old Boys 39

Msg from Willy Wu

Hi Radhesh,

Just to let you know that, we have our next
reunion dinner confirmed for Nov.1/08.
This time we are going for Indian buffet,
and the restaurant will be 'The Host'.

Please post the message on your site, just in
case some more people out there in Toronto
reading your nessages will get informed.

Thanks,

Willy Wu (1971).


Msg from Seeromani Chettri

Hello Seeromani,
We have our boys in UK,Europe,USA, Australia, Africa
Which year boys would you want to contact?
Which year did you pass from Goethals?

Radheshyam

Hi friend,

I really thank you and appreciate for your mails.
This is really a good way of keeping in touch with "exgoats"
Are you in touch with any one based outside India, can you send me their name / contact detail / e-mail id.

Cheers,

Seeromani


Msg from Surojit Mitra

I see an educated fool in you. As I said I can only pray for you. You are in absolute darkness.
In Him.
Josiah

20.09.08


Msg from Roy Joseph

Dear Radheshyam,

Hari Om!

Truly God is the Alpha and the Omega - the Beginning and the End.

Thank you for your reply.

I had presented to you only what I have examined and accepted
independent of the ideas given to me about God. sin and soul from my
parents. However, obviously, very few people opt for any change.
Change is painful, of course. Even in my academic pursuit, especially
in the lower classes, I had to suffer a number of painful strokes
with the cane! But I had to opt for a change from ignorance. As I
have already written, in my pursuit of knowing God, this pain has been
spared to me as my forefathers converted to the Christian beliefs
several centuries ago. But the choice to suffer pain for something
better in store is every person's own choice based on what he enjoys
in this present world such as good health, social standing and even
his reputation as a good, religious man in the way of life that was
taught to him as a child, and the destiny that he chooses for his
immortal soul in eternity.

The main problem before the human race is that no man is perfect. So
at the time of God's Judgement (which I believe is a certainity as per
what is written in the Bible)what can anyone present in defence of
his sinful actions before a Holy and Righteous God? I sincerely
believe that I can take shelter at that time in the atoning sacrifice
of His only Son Jesus, because the Holy Bible says, 'There is now no
condemnation to them that are in Christ Jesus'. The meaning of Christ
is 'Messiah' or Saviour. He is the only Saviour sent by God Himself to
save mankind from the consequence of their sins, which is eternal
banishment from His Presence. The choice to take this opportunity
which presents itself only during the lifetime of an individual is
only his. He cannot blame his circumstances. Everything in God's
Kingdom works as per His divinely ordained Laws. Just as a man has to
co-operate with the Divinely ordained Laws of gravity or electricity
or aerodynamics to make things work in the physical realm, so too
every person has to work out the salvation of his soul in the
spiritual realm also only in accordance with His Law laid down for
this purpose. There is no room to blame the law of God provided for
the salvation of the soul, just as no one can blame the law of
electicity provided by God for making one sit in darkness when the
simple fact may be that he had not taken advantage of a simple law of
electricity of putting on a light switch to establish a contact to
complete the electric circuit!

However, it is definitely understandable that any man would try to
avoid any pain unless he is convinced that a greater benefit lies
ahead which can compensate him for the losses and inconveniences
suffered during the course of life when opting for a change.

I pray God that He will help you.

Yours sincerely,
Roy Joseph.
21.09.2008


Msg from Sushil Dikshit

Hi there all x-Goats
Basant B.Lama(65) has released his first book on the history of
Darjeeling.. aptly named "The Story of Darjeeling" hope you chaps, out
there, will buy one and READ it.

Sushil


Hello Sushil

Congratulations to Basant and I am sure going to buy it, knowing Basant's humour.
Tell me where it is available in Kolkata
I'll put this in my weekly mails

Radheshyam

Msg from Ajit Kr Roy

Dear RS,

You need to assess your achievements and deficiencies after introducing the blog. What was your theme when you started the blog and what is it now? I would suggest that you form a committee of well wishers to assist you. JK and I are available online through IM.

I hope you and your wife and children are okay and in good spirits.
Bye for now.

AK


Dear AK,

My initial aim was to make all Goethalites inter-connected.
This was achieved in the first 3 or 4 months.
My next aim was to make it an interactive media to air our views,
which affected our country and us.
I have raised issues, which affected current affairs and us.
I am happy to say that too is being achieved.
Everybody may not be happy with the issues I have raised but at least we are having discussions and not rolling them under the carpet.
Many of our boys are not pleased and have asked me to remove them from the mailing list, which I do immediately.
I understand, I cannot please everybody.
If you have any suggestions I am sure all of us would welcome them

RS

Dear RS,

The level of readership has to be surveyed or assessed from feedback and participation in the blog. So it is my suggestion that some value should be added to the blog to enhance its intrinsic value.

You may introduce new topics to distribute the interests of the readers and also to dilute the divisive impact of politics and religion.

Take for example a topic like the origin of the confectionery that was operated by the Lobos or Glenerary's or Windermeare Hotel or Capitol Theatre or the Mountaineering Institute or the Zoo in Darjeeling and reputed Tea Estates and the Kanchenjunga mountain or the Balasans valley or the Hill Cart Road and the Military Road or the schools run by the missionery or the services of the Priests and so on. Over a period of time the blog would be a magazine or a reference to the hills of Darjeeling.

So many Goethalites live or have settled in Darjeeling, Doars, Siliguri and Jalpaiguri and Sikkim, Bhutan and Nepal and our own Kurseong town. You need to attract them by adding value to the blog.

There should be participation from the school as that is where we were brought up. Every ex-student is eager to know what exams are going on, reports on the matches that were played, sports and drills, up-coming events and so on.

From now onwards you have to plan your weekly editions much in advance and avoid that spur of the moment. Let your editions have that GOLDEN CLICK.
Bye for now.

AK


Dear AK,

I agree with you.
But for that people like you have to contrbute.
I do not consider this my blog, it is our blog.
I may have got the idea but I would want news and contributions from all ex-goethalites to make it truly OURS not my.
Why don't you start contributing?
I am today extending you an invitation to become one of our blog authors.
You may lead the discussion along the topics pointed out by you.
JK is coming to Kolakta in the next few days.

Cheers

RS

Dear RS,

Thanks for your email.

I may be able to assist you in an advisory capacity to begin with as my day is overloaded and my mind is busy with so many other thoughts. JK has made a beginning like you and he would surely take up an active position in the committee. Although SP is not in, he is definitely not out. SP may be out-of-station now; let's have a chat over tea when JK's here.

There is a lot of muscle in your blog. With a little bit of timely effort you could make it a truly Goethalite blog.

Bye for now.

AK


PS: We have used all the short names we were used to using in school. AK=A K Roy, RS=Radheshyam, SP=S P Chatterjee, JK=J K Ghosh

Msg from Viraj Thacker

Dear Mr. Sharma,

Congratulations on a job well done! Our blog has certainly progressed…..from school nostalgia…..to an entire array of issues that define the complexities of the times we live in.

The blog certainly bears testimony to the sense of justice and fair play that the Christian Brothers imparted…..I am impressed by the depth and maturity expressed by all who have contributed.

Your efforts have brought us together as Old Goethalites and as world citizens….and I hope the blog will continue to mature with time.

Your noble undertaking is very appreciated!

Warm Regards & All Good Wishes.

Viraj.


Something lighter from Sir,Mr. Lobo

A STRANGER WAS SEATED NEXT TO A LITTLE GIRL ON THE
AIRPLANE WHEN THE STRANGER TURNED TO HER AND SAID,
'LET'S TALK'. I'VE HEARD FLIGHTS GO QUICKER IF YOU STRIKE UP A CONVERSATION WITH YOUR FELLOW PASSENGER.

THE LITTLE GIRL, WHO HAD JUST OPENED HER BOOK,
CLOSED IT SLOWLY AND SAID TO THE STRANGER, 'WHAT WOULD
YOU LIKE TO TALK ABOUT?

'OH I DON'T KNOW.' SAID THE STRANGER. 'HOW ABOUT NUCLEAR POWER?' AND HE SMILES
'OK,' SHE SAID. 'THAT COULD BE AN INTERESTING TOPIC. BUT LET ME ASK YOU A QUESTION FIRST.
A HORSE, A COW AND A DEER ALL EAT THE SAME STUFF-GRASS - YET A DEER EXCRETES LITTLE PELLETS, WHILE A COW TURNS OUT A FLAT PATTY, AND A HORSE PRODUCES CLUMPS OF DRIED GRASS.
WHY DO YOU SUPPOSE THIS IS?

THE STRANGER, VISIBLY SURPRISED BY THE LITTLE GIRL'S INTELLIGENCE,THINKS ABOUT IT AND SAYS,
'HMMM, I HAVE NO IDEA.'

TO WHICH THE LITTLE GIRL REPLIES, 'DO YOU REALLY FEEL QUALIFIED TO DISCUSS NUCLEAR POWER WHEN YOU DON'T KNOW SHIT?

No comments: