Saturday, April 5, 2008

Msgs from Old Boys 16

Msg From Dr. Viraj Thacker

Dear Viraj,

Thanks for accepting my offer.
I have already posted an official invitation from our blog.
First of all you will have to have a google mail account.
It is quite simple to open the account and the invitation will explain how to do it.
Google mail gives you a 6 GB mailbox. I have been using it for 2 years and only 4% of my mailbox has been used.
By using the the same g mail User ID and Password you can access the blog also.
After you become a member, I'll explain how you can post articles and pictures, we don't have to wait till May, its quite simple

Radheshyam


Dear Mr. Sharma,

Thanks for your prompt response, kind appreciation and generous offer; it would be a privilege to contribute to this excellent creation of yours! Yes, I share your enthusiasm and steadfastness when it comes to matters relating to GMS and the Darjeeling District. My father was a Paulite of your vintage (OP’1957) and our family ties with the schools and the Darjeeling District span almost four generations! I lost my father 20 years ago but have tried to keep that old flame burning…….in Australia, I caught up with some Paulites from the 40s and 50s (including some known to my father)…..we’ve become like family (I am like a son/grandson to these distinguished gentlemen).
Please go ahead and include me as a contributor……I will do my best to serve. You could explain the technicalities when we meet in Calcutta, if you like.
Thanks & Warm Regards,
Viraj.



Msg from Charles H Tresham

Hello Charles,
Thanks for sending your calculator.
I retired two years ago and am now on bonus but I am sure all our boys will appreciate your gift.

Radheshyam

Hi Rad,
I was very depressed when I did this.
The attachment is an Excel file. So, if you don’t have spreadsheet software which can handle an .xls file I'm afraid you won't be able to open it!

Charles Hilary Tresham


Hello Charles,
Willy Wu is from the 1971 batch.
He sends mails quite often.
I am attaching your clip this Saturday.
We do love the mango season. Your mentioning it means you too miss it.
In India we are blessed with all types of climates and all types of soil.
While others know only 4 seasons, we India have 6 seasons.
Grisma (Summer), Barsha(Monsoon), Sarath, Hemanta (Autumn), Sheeth (Winter), Basantha (Spring).
There is no equivalent for Sarath.
India is the land of gods and godesses.
Do keep writing
Radheshyam

Hi Rad
Thanks for all the news. I hope to send the form soon.
I enjoyed the pictires of the trains. I'm not sure whether it was from Willy Wu who was in my class or from his son who shares the same name.
I thought I would contribute to the readers' amusement by sending a short video clip which should leave a few of the sports finatics with red faces!
It should open in Windows Media Player or most other players.
Keep well and enjoy the forthcoming mango season.

Regards

Charles Hilary Tresham


Msg from Jitendra Agarwal

Dear All,

Season Greetings.

After the great Centenary Celebrations, we the Kolkata Chapter have not been able to meet and relive the great feelings. To relive the lovely memories & feelings we are planning a get-together of the Kolkata Chapter on 19 April 2008.

The venue & contribution details would be sent to you all at the earliest. Would request you to confirm your participation as a reply to this mail on this id not my official id.

If you require any further information, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,

Jitendra Agarwal
1990
9830326996

Msg from Manish Anand

Hello sir....
I would like to know if any of the ex- goethalites are associated with the garment industry...
Thank you,
MANISH

No comments: