Sunday, March 2, 2008

Dilemma of the Salaried Class

We have just got the new budget from our FM, P C Chidambaram
No matter how nicely P C packages his announcements, we salaried class will always be short of cash at the end of the month.
My father was a businessman and we lived comfortably, not lavishly, for my father was also a spendthrift, but we were never short of cash.
I remember some of my salaried friends used to grumble with their budget at the end of the month. “Maser Sesh” (month’s end) they used to say, with an apologetic smile.
I used to smirk at their foolishness. I used to think. Why don’t they budget their expenses so that they have no problem at the end of the month.
Well, I myself have been a salaried employee through my life.
Lalit Narayan has sent a summary, which aptly describes our dilemma.
Our expenses wax and wane like the moon.

Radheshyam



Bank Balance
First Week
10000.00
Second Week 1000.00
Third Week 100.00
Fourth Week 10.00

Conveyance
First Week Auto, “I can afford it”
Second Week Share auto, “I would like to share it. I am selfless”
Third Week Bus, “Eco friendly, causes less pollution per person”
Fourth Week Walk,” Good for health”
Girl Friends
First Week Eena, Meena, Tina, :I can buy love”
Second Week Meena, Tina, “I have enough girl friends
Third Week Tina, “I am loyal to her”
Fourth Week “Huh, there is no pure love in this world”

Mobile Maintenance
First Week Frequent Outgoing calls, “This is why mobiles were invented for”
Second Week Restricted Outgoing calls, “I should not create unnecessary network traffic”
Third Week Rare outgoing calls,” Mobiles should be used only for urgent situations.”
Fourth Week Only incoming calls, “I am not going to call her unless she calls me

Partying
First Week “Come, lets go to the Taj and freak out”.
Second Week “Man, there is nothing in the Taj. Lets got to Dhaba”
Third Week “The best place to booze on Earth is our house itself. What say?”
Fourth Week “Drinking is injurious to health”

No comments: