Sunday, October 13, 2013

Cramps - A cure.

I remember the school sports during our days.

Many a time during the 100 or 200 metres dash, we would suddenly see one of the boys who was trailing suddenly catch his thigh or calf muscle and double over, writhing on the field.

What happened?

He had pulled his muscles!

I used to think that this was just an excuse because that person was trailing.

I never had this problem since I probably did not have any muscles worth the name either on my calf or biceps.

Time passed.

I became and adult,a young man and then middle aged person.

After the 50s, I would suddenly wake up in the middle of the night with cramped calf muscles.

The next few days I would take Becosule capsules and the problem would not recur for another month or two.

When it did, I repeated the dose of Becosules.

This continued until I crossed 64 years.

Thereafter, even after I took Becosules, the cramps would occur at night and their frequency increased.

Sometimes I would get them on both legs simultaneously.

I would have to call either my wife or son who would pull my feet back to release the cramp.

However the pain would remain for a few days.

I talked to my doctor who advised me to take Torflash 60K, a Calcium Tablet, once a week.

This helped for about 5 or 6 weeks and I got no cramps.

Then they started again, inspite of taking Torflash.

I again spoke to my doctor.

This time he advised me to take Evion 600, a Vitamin E capsule.

This did not help at all.

I looked up the net.

They advised that one of the reasons may be dehydration.

I started taking water in small doses when I woke up at night to go to the urinal.

I couldn't take more water because being a diabetes patient, as it is, I have to get up at three to four times at night to empty my bladder. However, even the water did not stop my cramps.

I was getting worried as I could not get continuous sleep because of my cramps and diabetes when my wife consulted by sister who stays in Ahmedabad and practises Homeopathy.

She advised that I take Cupr Met 200, twice a day for two days, then once before sleeping for a few days and then once every two or three days, before sleep.

Ever since I taking this, I have not had the cramps in my calf muscles at night.

It also helps cramps in the feet and palms.

I mention this, just in case any one is having this problem, he could by this medicine from any homeopathy shop and take.

No comments: