Sunday, September 12, 2010

Msgs from friends 69




Msg from Willy Wu

Hi Radesh,

We had a great evening with all the old boys.
The Japanese dinner buffet was excellent with all the sushi
we can stomach.
There were ten of us together including our spouses.

The list of us were : David La Frenais (1945), Frank Macedo (1959),
Steve Pan (1968), Ralph Reeves (1968), Jeffry Dessa (1968),and myself.
Merrill Smith and Ed Penheiro could not make it this time.

With regard to Bro.Corbett, he must be enquiring about my elder
brother Willie Wu and not Willy the junior. He was Willie's class
teacher in Grade XI in 1961.

I'm attaching some pictures I took that evening.

Thanks,

Willy Wu ( 1971).


Msg from Mrs George Grove

Radheshyam-

This is Mrs.B.Grove who lives in Australia and have been receiving e-mails for quite some time, but never got down to replying to any. We left India many years ago for England and then on to Australia where we have been living for forty odd years, we are now in our winter with children, grandchildren, and now great-grandchildren, we had lovely memories of India and our childhood. And reading some of the names in your e-mails brought back memories. George my husband taught in Goethals from 1950 to 1953, he and Matt Lobo were good friends, and have kept in touch all these years. Thanks once again, for all your e-mails. Hope you and your famaily are well. Regards

Mrs. B.Grove


Msg from Willie Wu (Sr)

Hi Radheshyam,

I am an elder brother of Willy Wu who lives in Toronto. I see that you have been corresponding with Brother John Corbett recently. In Brother Corbett’s e-mail he referred to his ex-pupil Willie Wu (that’s me). I am still residing in Vancouver, BC. I lost contact with Br. Corbett after I retired in Jan. 2005, and have wanted to get in touch with him since. I’m glad to know that he is well and is still in Galway, Ireland where he had retired to. I would be very grateful if you would please send me Brother Corbett’s e-mail address. You may forward my e-mail to him as well.

I look forward to hearing from you

Best regards
Willie Wu


Hello Willy,

Bro. Corbetts mail ID is berchscorbett@eircom.net.

Bon memories

Radheshyam


Msg from Naresh Singhania

Hallo Radheyshayam,

Good to hear back from you. very happy to know that you are health and hearty.
Saw the photograph of your Granddaughter.She has very beautiful eyes.
I will be coming to Kolkata in October end and would sure love to catch up with you. Its a shame I could not do it last time round.

I have a couple of request.

I have a office space in Central Kolkata (next to Paradise cinema). It is 373 Sq. Mtr carpet with attached toilet.
I would like to rent it out. If anyone in the group need it or know someone, then it would be great.

Secondly, if anyone in our group deal with construction or property, I would like to contact him. I am looking to buy an apartment in Kolkata for investment purposes.

I am in Germany, in a city called Köln (know as Cologne internationally). If anyone from us Goats happens to be around this reason, I would love to meet them. Please can you send me the list of ex Goats too.

Take care and have a good week.

Naresh
+49 172 2054 842

Msg from J K Ghosh

Dear RS,

I had informed you over the phone regarding my wife having a stone in her kidney. All the tests have been completed. The tests were conducted in a reputed hospital located near our residence. But the operation charges are exorbitant. Anyway, my brother had rung up from Chandigarh and has proposed to me to go there and have the operation done in PGI. The charges will be much cheaper. Moreover, my wife will be able to have some rest there, which is essential after the operation. She'll not have any rest here.

Your advice regarding pranayam and ayurvedic medicine has done wonders. I'm very much thankful for that. I'll have a check up myself once in Chandigarh.

Sporadic rain has made life hell in Delhi. God knows how the CWG can be conducted smoothly. As it is many constructions relating to the CWG had to be abandoned due to delay (corruption). Our country is still not mature enough to conduct any international games. Any short spell of rain creates waterlog in various parts of the city alongwith traffic jams. And it is raining daily.

Natni is fine. She's becoming naughtier day by day. We're only waiting for the day she'll go to her Play School from 6th November (on her second birthday).

Well, bye for now.
JK


Dear JK,

I am glad to know that you are much better.
Regarding the kidney stone too I would advise you to see the Ayurveda at Ramdeoji's shop.
I am sure they have a treatment for this also.
These corrupt CWG authorities have made a mess of everything.
I hope the Delhi populace boycott the CWG and all functions associated with it.
It would be a good slap on the face of the corrupt government.
My natni has already started going to her play school.
Her mother accompanies her and stays with her for the two hours the school runs.
Everyday she comes home and tell us of something new she has learnt.
Do get yourself tested again at Chandigarh.
I am also interested in knowing how the medicines have worked.
Both Dalchini (Cinnamoon) and Arjun Chal are slightly hot on the body.
You may have to adjust the dose according to how your body reacts.
I started getting slight rashes in the initial stages but they have all subsided.
Arjun Chal tasted horrible and don't take it on an empty stomach.
Because it is so bitter, your stomach may throw it out if you take it on empty stomach.
Bye for now,
Cheers

RS


Msg from Safiul Huda

Radheshyam:

Looked at my emails in this account after many months. I was on
summer break. As usual. I was incommunicado, very relaxed, and
enjoying myself thoroughly. In that period I had occasion to talk to
N.K. several times. He's doing well.

What is this list of names Keith talks about? How do I take a dekko at it?

Glad you're including many heart-healthy things in your diet. The
healthiest thing in your life is your grandchild. She'll bring joy to
it and that in turn will keep you healthy.

Saf/Safi/Safiul


Safi,

Really pleased to receive your mail. You haven't written for a long time.
About time one of your travelogues came.
You are right about my grand-daughter.
She and her younger brother have brought many cheers in our lives.
I have attached the total list of boys who were admitted in Goethals between 1907 and 2007.
You only realize it when you come to that age.
As long as you are a father only, you don't understand what all the fuss is about grand-children.

Bye for now

Radheshyam


Msg from Soumen Dey

Hi, Could you please send me the ayurvedic heart treatment medicine.

Soumen


Hello Soumen,

These are the medicines I take.

A. Aloe Vera juice, 3 capfuls in a glass of warm water on an empty stomach,
B. 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder+ I teaspoon honey, taken at bedtime,
C. 1 tea spoon of Arjun Chal boiled in 4 cups of water till it comes down to 1 cup.

If you live in India, you can get item A and C in any of the Swami Ramdeo Pattanjali Medicine shops, or you could order them from his Haridwar ashram at http://www.divyayoga.com/ .

Item B you could get from any of the Modikhana stores.

Do let me know if you still have problems.

Radheshyam


Thanks Radheshyam -da. Where in kolkata is "Swami Ramdeo Pattanjali Medicine shops" located?
currently I don't have any ( known) Cholesterol or heart problem but would like to start the this as i don't think it will have any harmful effect. Also since I am a heavy smoker , this might cancel some of the bad effects of smoking ( Please don't ask me why I am not quitting smoking :) )

Thanks a lot


Dear Soumen,

There is one shop at Ultadanga, near the Century Ply showroom.
From Ultadanga station as you come towards the VIP road crossing, it is on the left footpath.
There is another one near Girish Park.
From the crossing as you go towards Ram Mandir it is on the left footpath, near the petrol pump.
These are the two I know but there would be others which I could find out, if these are not near your office / residence..
It is very easy to get into smoking.Your friends help you and aalso your ego.
But for getting out, only your own will power can get you out.
One of my school friends has been able to kick the habit.
It is your life. You can do what you want with it

Radheshyam

Msg from Ralph Reeves

Hello Radhesh,

Glad to have you back with all the updates of ex-Goethalites. We here in Toronto, had a reunion the day before yesterday. Attendees were Willy Wu ('71), CS Pon ('68), Frank Machado ('59), David Lefrainas ('45), Jeff Dessa( '68) & myself ('68). We all met up with our wives and it was a great get together. We missed Merrill Smith & Ed Penheiro, Chao Chung & Willy Cheng. It was nice of Jeff to come with his wife from Chicago. We will meet again next year. In the mean time, will keep a look out for Nihar Sircar's daughter.

Best regards

Ralph Reeves ('68


Msg from Govind

sir it was nice to hear that you have recovered and will be Re in contact with us. sir why is our official site www.goethalsmemorialschool.com not working if there is changes please do let me know

Hello Govind,

There is nothing official about www.goethalsmemorialschool.com the site mentioned by you as far a our school, Goethals is concerned.
Unfortunately, probably because of the ongoing agitation in the hill for the last 20 years, our school has lost interest in everything.
The above site was started by one of our boys who is in the USA.
He too seems to have lost interest and does not update it.
As our boys have gradually gained in experience a number of different sites have come up.
Ranjan Guha Mazumdar has also started a new site at http://www.goethalsalumni.com/ but again the traffic in that direction is not much. I have tried to note down all the sites associated with our boys on our blog.
There is nothing official of our blog either.
It is just our effort to convey our thoughts and feelings.
All our boys are involved.
They send whatever they feel would be of interest to all of us.
I just copy/paste them.
My job is very small. It is all you boy's efforts.

Cheers,

Radheshyam


Msg from Haemish Kane

Hi Rad

Thanks for the latest news update, makes for nostalgic and amusing reading as always. I recall names like Jimmy Keir, Neil Allison, Derek Gordeno a couple of years above me. A thought just comes to mind: my father always told me to 'respect my elders' but these days I'm finding it more and more difficult to find my elders! BTW does anyone know of the whereabouts of Sudrason Chakravarty from 52 Batch. Does time pass?..yes it does. How else can you explain Visa bills? The English winter ending in July, to recommence in August. Time for me to migrate to hotter climes. I will be in Delhi on 1st Oct. and in Calcutta a few months later, are there any events coming up that I may attend? Darjeeling seems to be going tho' some volatile times yet again so my plans to visit Goethals will be put on hold until the political situation changes. My favourite 'mythical creature' is an Honest Politician.
I would very much appreciate the list of 1907-2007

Capitalism made in Disneyland:
Aliens live in California:
Nirvana packaged in India.

Logging off; will the last person to leave the country put the cat out and switch the lights off.

Thats All Folks


Hello Haemish,

Its always a pleasure to receive your letters.
Brings a ray of sunshine, rather many rays.
Yes, as you get older and see your contemporaries falling on the way, you start feeling like a cricketer who holds the bat and sees wickets at the other end falling one by one.
We have a person in the Mahabharata, Bhisma Pita, who gets the boone on "Death on request", and he keeps on and on.
That is why we have a god for death, Shiva.
Just as life is important, so is Death.
Death carries you over to the next life, where you are reborn with everything new.
If you happen to come over to Kolkata, I would be happy if you come over to my place.
We could share a veg meal. My family prepares it very well.
Being a veggie, I normally don't like going to hotels.
I have attached the list of our boys.
Hope it will bring back many memories.

Cheers,

Radheshyam

Msg from Thondup

Hi Chief...

As you can see I'm not too on-line... A favour... have been trying to trace Ralph Reeves... I was the Captain of Gold House and he was my second man - especially in the cricket season. we were the lowest of the low underdogs but because of Ralph we ended up runners up...Ralph where are You ???

thondup


Hello Thendup,

I hope you are OK.
I was worried too since I had not heard from you for a long time.
Ralph is based in Toronto but since he is in the shipping line, he is away from home for long periods. His mail ID is ralph_reeves@yahoo.ca

Hope you are able to contact him soon.

Cheers,

Radheshyam

No comments: