Sunday, September 19, 2010

Msgs from friends 70



Msg from Sir, Mr. Lobo

Hari Om, Radhes,

Came across this while sifting through my memoirs, still stacked in boxes !
Playing alongside C S ( Chaman Singh) Gurung will remain high in my memory bank.
We were in the same Class before he was snapped up by Mohan Bagan to grow to greater heights by being selected to represent our Country at the Helsinki Olympics in 1952.

If you posted this on your blog, I'm sure some of the young stalwarts pictured, would love to recall those times.

C S and N C Kar have moved on to the big Field in the Sky, waiting for us to team up again.The new rules in Hockey have done away with the "BULLY" so we will all be playing on a level plain !

I bet you weren't aware of how much you were missed by your Bloggers.Your blog unites, thanks and keep up the good work,

Best wishes to Manju and Shalini and your growing Family.


Matt


Msg from Abhinav Purohit

Hi

I would like to know whether Mr.Harsh Neotia is an alumni too of our school.

Regards

Abhinav Purohit

Hello Abhinav,

Which year did he enter Goethals.or which year did he leave Goethals.
We have a complete list of boys who entered Goethals.


Hi

I do not know the year of joining or passing of Mr.Harsh Neotia. I only know that he was also present during the centenary year function where the Governor was also invited.

Regards

Abhinav


Msg from Richard Liu

Hi Radheyshyam,

I'm an ex-student of Goethals (1999 batch). I have been receiving ur weekly updates regularly and I'm pleased to say that I'm enjoying every single one. I'm glad that we have such an active member keeping us posted on the whereabouts and news of ex-Goats. Keep it up!

I'm currently in final year of my postgraduate degree, MDS (Master of Dental Surgery), in Mangalore, Karnataka. In case you are aware of any ex-Goat who is a dentist, whether in India or abroad, I would love to get in touch. I'm sure you could be of help!

And yes, I felt I could share with you and all the avid readers of ur weekly mails some interesting, and sometimes funny, email forwards.. Do let me know if you wish to continue receiving them.

Do all things well!

Regards,

Dr. Richard Liu
Mobile: +91-9986847705


Hello Richard,

I am really pleased to receive your mail
I liked the the forwarded pictures sent by you and yes, I would like you to send them.
I do not usually forward the emails as our readers would be bored at the continuous stream of mails they would receive from me.
I extract the interesting readable matter and the pictures which I feel would be of interest to our blog readers.
Some of the forwarded messages are received by me a number of times and I don't usually repeat unless I feel it is really worthwhile.
I shall post your letter in next Sundays mail.
We have a few doctors but probably no dentists.
Let us see if there are any hidden ones like you.
I didn't know we had a dentist amongst us until your mail came.
Cheers & regards

Radheshyam


Msg from Subhasis Saha

G'Day Radesh,

Keep it up Radesh. The first thing I do every Monday is to read your message.

I am from 1979-1980 ICSE Batch and live in Sydney. Would be interested to know the contact details for GMS forum in Australia.

Cheers

Subhasish


Hello Subhasis,

I am attaching the list of our boys in Australia with mail IDs.
You could contact them.

Radheshyam


Msg from Pradeep Mohan

Dear Radheshyamji

Hariom!

It is indeed a pleasure to receive your weekly mails and I was anxious during the past
few months as to what was wrong. Any way it seems all is normal now.

From your email today you informed that Mr. Naresh Singhania is looking for a tenant for
his office near Paradise cinema. I have a Japanese company based in Gurgaon who are
looking for a representative office in Kolkata. If you could give me Mr. Naresh's email ID
I could get in touch with him for the T & C and negotiations.

Please take care of your health and looking forward to hearing from u soon.

Regards

PRADEEP KUMAR MOHAN
MOB: +91 9339720748
EMAIL: pradeepkmohan@hotmail.com


Hari Om Pradeep,

I would be most happy if you could help Naresh.
His mail ID is nsinghania@gmail.com

Cheers,

Radheshyam


Msg from Haemish

I'm arriving in Delhi ( the only city where you wake up in the morning and can hear the birds coughing) on 30th Sept. I had every intention of attending at least one event of the CWG. but I think I will take your advice and boycott it. I guessed it would be a shambles. The conduct of Public affairs for Private advantage! The trouble with the country is that there are too many politicians who believe, with a conviction based on experience, that you can fool some of the people all the time, and all the people some of the time, 'but you cant fool all of the people all of the time.
Indian Odyessy: The Journey. The journey of a thousand miles starts with one step...it begins in mystery, and it will end in mystery, but what is a savage and beautiful country lies in between. I want to go where the hand of man has never set foot. My attention is drawn to an Indian travel poster advertising Puri, which explains; 'This is the best resort for anyone who wants peace and solitude. Millions flock here from all over the world in search of such quiet!'
The first leg of my journey takes me to Rikikesh, Manali and Simila. I believe in Rikikesh I will encounter too many Freaks ( foreign tourist?) and not enough circuses. Hippies: drifting thro' India, lost souls in various stages of confusion searching for rainbow's end, fleeing from the rat race, among rats, lost sheep masquerading as sheperds.
Will keep you upto date on my Boy's Own Action Adventure. I mean to enjoy myself as these are the good old days I'm going to miss in ten years.

Earth shutting down in one minute. Close all filters and Log Off. Look forward to your next e-mail.

Haemish


Hari Om Haemish,

Rishikesh, Manali and Simla, all three places are beautiful places. Puri too is beautiful, especially the sea beach.
India is a beautiful country where we have all types of climate and scenery and the people in the villages too are good, except for the b.....rd politicians.
The city dwellers are a cunning lot, out to make quick money.
South Indians were generally thought to be better and more honest than north Indians but Ranga Raju of Satyam fame, the Reddy brothers of Andhra/Karnataka and Karunanidhi of Tamil Nadu has dispelled that notion.
Karunanidhi has made his whole family from his different wives, ministers in either the state of central cabinet.
The Congress, of course, has helped him like it previously helped Lalu Yadav and Sibu Soren and Koda of Jharkhand.
Manmohan Singh is honest but he runs his ministries with dishonest men.
The CWG is the latest example.
Globalisation has now brought the South Indians at par with north Indians, as far as dishonesty is concerned
I wish the Maoist would kill politicians instead of policemen and the general public. The policemen I can understand since they protect the politicians, but why kill the general public?
Do enjoy yourself and tell us about your visit.

Cheers,

Radheshyam


Corruption:

Since independence, India has established a black record of corruption. Members of the Central Cabinet, Chief Ministers and State Ministers too innumerable to be enumerated, have made low use of their high office. Since no class or group of people is free from blame, no one is in a position to cast the first stone of accusation and so there is no social or boycott of the corrupt.
The most important single cause for corruption is economic insecurity. The poor became corrupt in the hope of becoming rich. The rich indulge in it for the fear of losing what they have.
India may be described as ‘terms of contradiction.’ It presents us as a country steeped in culture and religion, and yet in everyday life at all levels ranging from’ burra sahibs down to humble peons are tainted. In every profession: law, medicine, religion, government, sports, the dishonest outnumbers the honest. It has become a science of who gets what, when and why.
For behaviour, men learn it as they take diseases, one of another. The inequality materializes the upper classes, vulgarizes the middle classes, and brutalizes the lower classes.

Haemish

No comments: