Saturday, August 14, 2010

Book Release by Viraj Thacker

Dear Mr. Sharma,

It seems like we were destined not to meet in 2010 (despite the proximity)!

It was a hectic time in Kathmandu with little opportunity to travel.....Just got home on Friday after a hectic 4 months in Nepal. All ventures were successful with the book launch as the major highlight.....media, TV coverage and all !! Wish you had been there .....the next one perhaps!

I also managed to screen my 31 minute documentary on the subject of globalization ( a series of POVs from Adelaide, Australia to Mumbai, Kolkata, Darjeeling (India) and finally Kathmandu (Nepal). The book and the documentary were well received.

My Kolkata plans were also interrupted by a last minute trip to Adelaide and I left Kathmandu on the 27th, popped Down Under and I am finally back home in Iowa City!

Well, I do have plans for book four in 2011 and if you're up to it.............it would be a delight to have you on board!

With due apologies for my absence from our blog........

Warmest Regards to you and the family,
Viraj.

PS - I have attached some stuff related to the book launch. Among our special guests and speakers were: Mr. Prabhakar SJB Rana (Old North Pointer, CEO, Soaltee Group Hotels, Ktm); Dr. Dipak Gyawali (intellectual, cultural theorist and well known environmentalist); and the Hon'ble Governor of the Nepal Rastra Bank. I have posted a set of pics on Facebook.



No comments: