Friday, August 20, 2010

Beware of the Butchers of IMA

On the 18th evening a school friend staying in Delhi contacted me on the phone.
He was becoming breathless and doctors had advised him to undergo a stress test (TMT).
The test was positive as the testing had to be stopped after 5 minutes.
The doctors had then asked him to do a angiography to locate the extent of blockages in his arteries.
He wanted my advise.
Since I was a master in angiography, I had undergone two angiographs and two angioplasts, he had contacted the right person.
The first angio was done in 2001 when I started getting breathless while going to office. It was performed at RTIICS (Rabindranath Tagore International Institute of Cardiac Sciences), which was started by Dr. Devi Shetty.
By the way, just for your information, Dr. Shetty started this institute because he was fed up of the malpractises going on at the B M Birla Heart Research Institute.
This institute, B M Birla, was recently in the news for all the wrong reasons. They had been fined Rs 37 lakhs for carelessness which resulted in the death of a heart patient.
So, Dr. Shetty was right in leaving that organisation.
I was talking of my first angio.
Just after the angio, I had started doing pranayam as advised by Swami Ramdeo.
My body started performing better and I could carry out my normal activities.
After about two years, I became so confident that I stopped taking the prescribed medication like Atorva 10, Betaloc 50 and Ecospirin 75.
That, I suppose, was the cause of my downfall.
I again became breathless and had to undergo a second angio in 2003 at RIITC
While the first cost me Rs 80000/-, the second cost me about Rs 150000/-, the difference being on account of some new medicated stents they used in the second case.
Fortunately, my younger son, who had just joined Dell had both me and my wife covered through medical insurance and so I had no financial worry.
Since 2003, I have been careful with my medication and have continued to do pranayam and other exercises as had been described in my earlier post
http://goethals1907-2007.blogspot.com/2007/11/swami-ramdeo-and-pranayam-synonymos.htm

Besides the above, I have been taking the following:
1.Aloe vera juice 15 ml in a glass of warm water, in the morning on empty stomach.
2. One tea spoon of powdered (Cinnamon) Dalchini with one tea spoon of honey, at bed time.
3. One tea spoon of Arjun Chal (Terminalia arjuna) in four cups of water. The water is allowed to be boiled until it reduces to one cup. The mixture is strained and the juice is taken.It is bitter, I must warn you.

I advised my friend to keep the Angiogrpah on HOLD for 15 days and to follow my above medication and do pranayam during this time.
If he did not find any improvement, he could go in for the angio.

This is what I would recommend anyone who proposes to go in for an angio or a bypass.

As I have been repeatedly saying, our Indian doctors are vultures who want to make quick money. I know of one doctor who recommended angio in spite of the TMT test being negative.
So before allowing these butchers to cut you open, please, please give the above treatment a try.
I ASSURE YOU YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO UNDERTAKE THE SURGERY.

No comments: