Saturday, May 30, 2009

Msgs from friends 21

Msg from Jimmy Keir

Yes Radesh,

Life is to be cherished and to be lived every moment. My condolences to you and the family.

Jimmy


Msg from Fay Kelly

This is a very moving and thought-provoking letter. I have read it many times. I regret I did not ask your permission but I forwarded it to some of my friends because I felt it was important .

Meantime.

Victor Frankl's "Man's Search For Meaning" has inspired me in many ways.

warm regards

Fay


Hello Fay,
Thank you for your kind message.
There different times when one gets the feeling of "Sanyas" or renunciation in ones life.
One of the times is when one has been to a funeral or crematorian.
At that time one realizes the uselessness of all the running about we do.
However, on returning home, that feeling gradually vanishes and we once again become ogres.
If we could just maintain that feeling and knowledge that we are just one step from the otherside, we would all be better people.
I am glad you liked my mail and you don't require any permission from me to forward them.

Best regards

Radheshyam


Msg from Abhi Mahalanobish


Dear Sir,

I am a 1972 batch GMS fellow. I live in Siliguri and am doing business. I am 53 years old.

I do get your mails regularly but I must admit that I do not read all of them. Ofcourse, I shall take refuge under the excuse of my busy schdule. But then I guess I was only foolng myself. From now on I must find the time.

This piece of writing of your, as well as many others, bring out your philosophical thoughts and wonderful powers of expression. You have been blessed with the gift of articulate speech and your writings bring about many kinds feelings in me : happy, glorious and sad at times.

Thank you, Sir. God bless & Godspeed.

Warm regards

Abhi Mohalanobish
229, Sevoke Road, Second Mile
(Opposite Vishal Cinema)
Siliguri 734001

PS: I have from today started forwarding your mails to my son who will be-going to college this year . Why ? Learn good English. Learn to be a good human being.


Dear Abhi,

Thank you for your mail.
My mails are sometimes exceedingly long and people would not have the time or patience to go through them.
I don't blame you.
However, I try to connect all our boys so reading it may tell you of some of your friends looking for you.
We of Darjeeling schools and Christian Brothers schools should consider ourselves of one family.
We all have a common bond - Darjeeling and Christian Brothers.
I have also found that children are more receptive to positive feedback from third persons than their own parents.
So, I do hope my mails will help your children too to become ideal and good citizens.
It is not necessary that they be brilliant and outstanding although that also comes automatically if you are good.
Regarding the English part, I am still of the old school.
I don't like the new fad they use is SMS, all abbreviations and small letters.
English is such a beautiful language and these boys and girls are massacring it.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Radheshyam


Msg from Viraj Thacker.

I had received an e-mail through Viraj Tacker from one Fr Cedric Prakash SJ. against Gujarat Chief Minister, narendra Modi.
Such a letter coming from a Jesuit Father surprised me. Since it was highly objectionable. I did not post it, as we do not publish matter which we feel is objectionable. I had told Viraj accordingly.


Dear Viraj,
This is not worth posting.These Jesuits are annoyed because they are not being allowed to convert people as they would want
In Hindi we have a saying "Khisyani Billi Khamba nauche"
It is best to ignore them.
Radheshyam


Dear Mr. Sharma,
You’re on target as always! I’ve been reading a lot about massive conversions in Nepal – probably doing what wasn’t happening in India anymore. Various groups have taken advantage of the fall of the monarchy (the last pillar of Hinduism in Nepal) – in fact, one can argue that ever since the so-called introduction of democracy in Nepal (1990) – evangelical groups took forceful advantage - some have linked the rise of the Maoists to mass conversions in remote Nepal. Having filled the Maoist ranks, it was easy for evangelical sponsors (especially American) to manipulate the seemingly impossible! The royal massacre provided the right moment to dismantle the embodiment of Hindu religion and culture – the Nepali Monarchy.
Increasingly, there have been reports of Hindu groups resorting to violence in an attempt to stop the free reign of evangelism in Nepal – a nation that has been a ‘zone of peace’ for millennia.
Buying and selling human beings seems to have become a lucrative enterprise in the business of evangelism! In contrast to the Indian scenario, Nepal lacks the tools to resist.
Always good to be in touch. Best to the family.
Viraj.

No comments: