Saturday, May 16, 2009

Msgs from friends 19

Msg from Karanvir

Dear Radheshyam,
Thanks as usual for the weekly letter and update on the election situation. I dont need to read any newspaper...
It was really good to read about Jimmy Keir's involvement in the projects in Kalimpong area. I was wondering if you could open up a BLOG containing such initiatives being taken by Goethalites. This would also allow for direct communication between those who are doing such wonderful work and possible donors. After from family and friends, ex Goethalites should be the first point of contact for all Goethalites doing any social work, and all of us should use our networks to further these initiatives.
What do you think? I would love to see more discussion and activity in this direction from ex Goethalites.
Wishing you well in hot and humid Kolkata.
Karan


Hari Om Karan,

Our blog cannot replace your newspaper.
The blog gives you news of India, specific to the going ons of politicians. in general and specially Indian politicians.
Our people in India were disgusted with them post 26/11 but that disgust is dying down and once again the politicians are on to their own ways. I am trying to keep that spirit alive so that politicians remaian in line.
You will get very little other news from me.
Cricket and IPL which most people are interested, you will get nothing.
So you will have to continue buying you paper.
Regarding opening another blog specific just to what you suggested, it will be difficult for me. I am fully booked with this after which very little time is left.
I would suggest that anybody else could start the blog.
In the meantime, I shall attempt to give any news which our boys would like to send.
On the other hand I have received very little response from our boys with regard to any social work/contributions, and that has nohing to do with the downturn.
My earlier appeal for Br. James school for girls hardly brought any response.
I don't know how much Jimmy's appeal will bring out from our boys.
It seems our boys are either tight fisted or don't have the time
Taday we are having elections at my place.
Mercifully the mercury has gone down considerably.
From Saturday, results should start pouring in and we should know our new rulers by Monday morning
Cheers,

Radheshyam


Hello Radhesyam,
Hope your vote helps in bringing in the less worse into parliament and that the elections go off with any violence. From your messages it would seem that's what everyone is voting for, but then in most countries in the world that's how it is. In Italy they have a nice way of saying it - close your nose and go to vote (they all stink).
Can you give me Jimmy's contact details please. I'll contact him directly and let's see if I can do something for this side. I am hoping that our boys are not tight fisted because every little bit helps, I only hope that each one is in some way involved in some initiative of his own.
Karan


Hari Om Karan,

The funny part is I made so much noise but I didn't vote.
My name was missing from the voter's list.
My son voted, my wife voted but I could not.
I suppose the politicians have found a way to fight back.
I am backing Swami Ramdeo to take us out of this cesspool of politicians.

Jimmy's mail ID jimandsan@hotmail.com

Let us see if our mail can spur the Kolkata boys.
Today, the net connection in our office was also down so I couldn't access my mails.
Now on reaching home I am doing it.
Cheers,

Radheshyam


Msg from Manish Anand

Dear Sir,
I am from the batch of 2000 and am currently looking for a job in the field of Apparel Merchandising in Delhi - NCR. I would be glad to receive some help from ex- goethalites who are asociated with the Fashion & Apparel Industry.

Awaiting your response.

Thanks & Regards,

MANISH ANAND
New delhi
Mobile: 9717889121


Dear Manish,
Don't worry.
I'll put it up this Sunday.
I think you should get some news.
Cheers

Radheshyam

No comments: