Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Msg from Old Boys

Hi friends,

With the Christmas spirit flowing through the air, I thought I would share the messages received from our boys who are extremely pleased to make contact with each other once more.
Further, I am pleased to see that we have started using this as a forum to locate each other.
A message in this post is from Indranil Aich who would like information of his teachers Mr. & Mrs. Wilmer who taught him in 1978-79.
If anybody can help him, I would be obliged.
For the boys in the Western Hemisphere, i.e., Europe, USA and Canada, I have arranged a special gift.
I am attaching a list of all our boys in USA, Canada and UK; with their E-mail ID’s so that you may renew contacts in this Season of Cheers and Happiness,
This list is with my E-mail, which I am sending with two Christmas Charts

Once again wishing each one of you Merry Christmas and a Happy New year.

Radheshyam


Message from Prakash Bhartia

Hello Prakash,
Yes we have met during the centenary celebrations.
I liked your small speech regarding using one third of what we earn to help others.
One of the first memories I have of school was on my first journey to school.
On the steamer ride from one side of the Ganges to the other, you had explained jokingly what the boatman was saying when he shouted something from the deck.
I don't remember what you said nor will you remember.
One of your friends Swindon was with you.
I had mentioned this to you in the centenary also.
I had always wanted to express my views, although I do not speak much.
My blog gives me the medium to express myself.
Many of my opinions may not be shared by others but there you are.
Variety is the spice of life.
As someone said
"We pass to this world but once.
Any good that we can do,
Any help we can give,
Any smile we can bring to a face,
We should do it now.
We may never get a second chance"
Goethals has taught me this.
Cheers

Radheshyam
25.12.07

Hi,
I don’t think we have met.
I just wanted to take the time to Thank you for your Blog.
Its great that some kind hearted people like you take the time to share their creation with all of us and spread joy to all.
Have a Great Xmas And a Happy New Year

Prakash Bhartia
24.12.07

Message from Merrill Smith

Thanks Radheshyam Sharma.
I live in Canada about 40 miles from Toronto & enjoy receiving any mail from GMS.
I am 72 now but still remember Mathew Lobo.
Wishing you a Merry Christmas & a Happy New Year

Merrill Smith
24.12.07

Message from Ralph Smith

Hello Ralph,

I am very pleased to receive your mail. Thanks.
I was from the 1965 batch and not 1968 batch and I still live in Kolkata..
John Kingsley’s mail ID is johnak@mts.net.
You could give me John Orion's mail ID so that my records could be updated.
To upload Nihar Sircar's ID, you could go to, goethalsmemorialschool.com.
There is a register of ex goethalites where you could add further names
I don't believe I am on the bad side of 50
Each age a man passes through is the best, if he makes it so.
A man should enjoy each span of life.
Now when I travel by public bus young people are courteous to me.
Bus conductors halt the bus completely to allow me to get down.
When I sit on a ladies seat in a bus, I do not have to get up when ladies come.
Then on 12th February next year, I become a senior citizen when I reach 60, and I will be allowed 25 % concession when traveling by the Indian railways.
My children are now on their own feet and help me in my finances. Whatever, I earn is saved completely.
With all these bonuses how can I say that I am on the wrong side of 50?
Yes, there are some aches and pains in the joints. I walk slowly. But then I can enjoy the scenery better and thank God for each day of my life.
I thank him for my family, the sun, moon, stars, each day and night as it passes, the hills, valleys, rivers, oceans, the birds, the trees, the animals.
I thank him for being born in India where we have Guru's who help us by bringing us closer to Him.
Oh! there is so much to thank God.
This we never realize when we are younger.
We start valuing this only when we hit the half-century mark.
Do you still say we are on the bad side of 50?
Each decade is a beautiful decade.
We should just appreciate it as a gift from God.
We never know when you will pass on and what form you will take in your next life.
I believe in reincarnation.
It is easier to explain the disparities between Laxmi Mittal, the Steel Magnate and the pauper lying on the road on an empty stomach.
.
Bye for now.
Best regards

Do keep in touch.
If you are not bored.

Radheshyam.

Message from Charles C Tresham

Hi Guys
The attached is a Christmas greeting from the UK for you and your families.

Best wishes for 2008 as well!


Charles H Tresham
24.12.07

Message from U L Mehta

Mr Lobo's ID is
matthewlobo@bigpond.com and a second ID is
mathewlobo42@gmail.com

Since he is India, he accesses hi mails as and when he gets the opportunity.
Happy remembrances.
Any other ID's you want, do let me know.
If I have them, I'll send it immediately.
If you have ID's of any of our Goethalites, you could also give them to update my records
Cheers!!
Radheshyam


Hello Radheshyam,

Thanks for your good wishes and also for fwding Mr.
Lobo's card. It is indeed very good.
If you can, could you pls send me his email address,
and I would then send him my greetings.

Wishing you a merry Christmas & a Happy New Year.

Regards,

U L Mehta
22.12.07

Message from Ankur BhattacharyaHi Ankur,
You are very much in my mailing list.
I hope you may have got my latest mail regarding whipping of bus driver.

Radheshyam



hi Radheshyam .
MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!

I DONT THINK MY EMAIL IS MENTIONED IN THE LIST THAT U SENT..
IAM FROM THE 1996 BATCH!!

THANKS AND REGARDS'
ANKUR
22.12.2007
Message from K P Bhutia
Thanks for the mails...
please do keep up the good work.
Regards
K.P.T. Bhutia.
22.12.07

Message from Gerad D’Souza

Gerad D’ Souza
You are playing a wonderful role for us...Thank You.
Gerry(1958 grad)
22.12.07

Message from Indranil Aich

Dear Mr. Radheshyam,
I am indranil aich I have attended goethals in 1978-79 (class2)and I wanted to know whereabouts of Mr and Mrs. Wilmer who used to teach us .pls let me know the details. Meanwhile i must congratulate you for the efforts taken by you to network all goethalites
pls keep up the enthusiasm.
With warm regards,
indranil aich.,
22.12.07

No comments: