Wednesday, December 5, 2007

A Guru visits his Sishya


Yesterday was a RED LETTER DAY in my life.
Hinduism teaches that in a person’s life, there are three Gurus to guide him through the world.
The first Guru is Mother, who teaches the baby how to crawl, then walk and then run.
She teaches him to first utter sounds, then lisp and then speak.
It is she who first takes his hands on a slate and guides him to write ABC and 123.
As he grows older she hands him over to a more qualified Guru, the educational Guru. Who teaches him to find ways to earn a living by giving him education.
Later, in life, he selects a spiritual Guru who teaches him about the Power Who cannot be seen but Who controls everything. He teaches him to observe nature and feel Him in everything.
My first Guru, mother is dead.
My third Guru, I pay my respect everyday and visit him every year during Guru Poonam.
Two teachers(Gurus) whom I and my class is Goethals believe really helped us in developing into what we are were Sirs, Mr. Lobo and Bro B C Morrow.
Bro. Morrow is no more. God bless him. We could never express our appreciation and gratitude to him. This I sincerely regret.
But we were blessed by the presence of Mr. Lobo during the centenary functions.
And yesterday, he came to our home and purified it.
I cannot express my gratitude for his coming to my home.
Four of us, Arun Shroff, S. P Chatterjee, D K .Roy and I were the lucky ones to be with him
We talked nostalgicallly for about three hours about the good old days and then had lunch together.
Mr. Lobo then went away with Arun as he had a busy schedule.
The remaining three of us then ended the evening, viewing a movie of our time, “My Fair Lady”
This was a day all four of us will cherish for the rest of our days.
Thank you Mr. Lobo, Sir. .

Radheshyam


Mr. Lobo with R. S. Sharma and Mrs. R S Sharma
L to R: S.P Chatterjee, Mr. Lobo, R S Sharma, D K Roy and Arun Shroff
L to R: Mr. Lobo, R S Sharma, D K Roy, Arun Shroff, S P Chatterjee

No comments: