Saturday, February 28, 2009

Msgs from Old Friends 7

Msg from Keith Hayward, VIRUS NOTIFICATION

This information arrived this morning direct from both Microsoft and Norton.
Please send it to everybody you know who has access to the Internet.
You may receive an apparently harmless email with a Power Point presentation -'Life is beautiful.'
If you receive it DO NOT OPEN THE FILE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES , and delete it immediately ..
If you open this file, a message will appear on your screen saying: 'It is too late now, your life is no longer beautiful.'
Subsequently you will LOSE EVERYTHING IN YOUR PC and the person who sent it to you will gain access to your name, e-mail and password.
This is a new virus which started to circulate on Saturday afternoon.
AOL has already confirmed the severity, and the antivirus software's are not capable of destroying it.
The virus has been created by a hacker who calls himself 'life owner.'

PLEASE SEND A COPY OF THIS EMAIL TO ALL YOUR FRIENDS and ask them to PASS IT ON IMMEDIATELY


Msg from Rahul Kansal, Director, Times of India

Dear Friend,

You have often lent your voice and ideas to the issues our newspaper raises from time to time, through the My Times My Voice platform. Clearly, you feel strongly for the way things are run in our country, and have a desire to be involved and make a difference.

Today, on the eve of the most important general elections we’ve probably ever had, the nation needs a concerned citizen like you. To ensure that we don’t waste this once-in-five-years opportunity yet again, like we have been doing for the past 60 years.

The Times of India is set to launch Lead India ’09, a country-wide campaign across all our newspapers, with the aim of ensuring that better candidates are put up and elected in the coming elections. The campaign will first try to put pressure on political parties to feature better candidates, by mobilizing the opinions of lakhs of thinking individuals around the country; and then act as a Voters’ Guide to help voters make a more informed choice, through detailed investigation of all key candidates in 40 urban constituencies.

To enable Lead India ‘09 to become a powerful peoples’ movement, it needs a core band of volunteers willing to play the role of catalysts. As a member of this core, your main role would be to ignite the minds of our countrymen – through heart-felt participation in blogs and discussion boards… or indeed by hosting your own blogs on any issue close to your heart. You would also be expected to reach out to friends in various community websites and involve them in the movement through simple pledges like ‘I say NO to criminals in politics’ or ‘I’ll not let my vote go waste’. Therefore, please let us know the social networking sites (e.g. Facebook, Orkut etc) which you are a member of.

So, if you want to be a change agent in this historic election, do write back to us by February 23rd and we’ll give you a special pass and pre-registration to the forthcoming Lead India ’09 website.

I do hope you decide to come on board.

Rahul Kansal
Director, The Times of India


Dear Mr. Kansal,

Yes, it is about time that the educated people of India took up cudgels to fight the system which is generating the corrupt politicians.
I appreciate yor efforts.
However, we should not set up too many fronts to fight the system as otherwise we will start fighting amongst ourselves as to who should lead india and that would fritter away our resources.
I have been watching Swami Ramdeo on Astha Channel for the last 8 years.I have never met him personally.
He has started a movement called "Bharat Swabhiman"
He too is thinking on the same lines.
I would suggest you watch his programmes which are aired every morning between 5.30 am to 7.30 am.
While doing pranayam you could listen to his views.
I find them to be just like mine and what you too are thinking.
I would suggest that we all strengthen Swami Ramdeo's hand in his fight to improve India.
I, on my part, am trying to lend my voice through our blog http://goethals1907-2007.blogspot.com/ and http://siliconindia.com/blogs/blogs_new.php? to improve India.

If there is anything I can do to eradicate India of these corrupt and criminal politicans,do let me know.

Radheshyam Sharma


Msg from Ujjwal Das

Hari Om Radheshyam Sir,

I am from the batch 1987 and am presently working for a shipping co. in Delhi.
Due to some family problems need to relocate to Kolkata.
Can you suggest anyone who can help me in doing so.

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

UJJWAL DAS
09871095649


Hari Om, Kolkata friends,


A request for help from one of our boys.
I am sending it mid-week as I don't want it to be submerged with the weekly mail.
If any of you can help, I would be most happy.

Cheers

Radheshyam


DEAR RADHESHYAMJI

PLEASE ASK UJJWAL DAS TO FORWARD HIS CV TO THE FOLLOWING EMAIL ADDRESS WITH A COPY TO
ME AND GIVING MY REFERENCE
rajiv@aarkay.co.in

REGARDS

PRADEEP KUMAR MOHAN
6B SAKLAT PLACE, 2ND FLOOR,
KOLKATA - 700 072, INDIA
PH: +91 33 32522779
FAX: +91 33 22127609
MOB: +91 09339720748
EMAIL: pradeepkmohan@hotmail.com

Partha sengupta of 1966/67 batch is in Shipping business

He could be of help

Vivek
1982


Msg from Ralph Reeves

Hari Ohm buddy Radesh,

Glad your trip was good and the wedding went off well, except for the fact that your brother in law's daughter sustained injuries from her accident. Hope she gets well soon. SO YOU ARE AN ENGINEER TOO LIKE ME EH? Did mine in Manipal Mysore and then DMET one year to qualify as a Mechanical / Marine Engineer. I am here in Montreal right now on a Company business meeting for 4 days. We are put up at the Marriott and should be as always a great get together of all Captains & \Chief Engineers. I'll be back in Toronto Feb 26th.
Take care
Ralph


Hari Om Ralph,

Yes, it seems ages since I passed my engineering and for the last 20 years I have been in the Purchase function, away from engineering. Living in Bengal, it was a great relief moving away from engineering and factory life.And now, for the last three years, I am lucky in tthat I have to go to office only thrice a week.I must have done something good in either this or my previus life to have a good boss too. Cheers,

Radheshyam

Msg from N K Sircar

Hi Radesh:

Keep up the good work.Every thing is fine, Presently my wife is Calcutta, kindly call here she will be happy to know you buddy. She & my daughter has met Safuel Huda in NY/USAHer home phone / mobile #s: 2475-1102 /9051088989
Good Luck & Best
Wishes
NK-Sircar


Hello NK,

I have just spoken to your wife and invited her to our place.She said she would be coming to Salt Lake on Friday and then would try to visit us.It would be a pleasure to receive her.If there is any help you would want from me, do let me know. Cheers.

Radheshyam

No comments: