“In 1923, eight of the wealthiest people in the world met. Their
combined wealth, estimated, exceeded the wealth of the government of
the United States.
These men knew how to make a living and accumulate wealth.
25 years later.......
1. President of the largest steel company, Charles Schwab, died bankrupt.
2. President of the largest gas company, Howard Hubson, went insane.
3. One of the greatest commodity traders, Arthur Cutton, died insolvent.
4. President of the New York Stock Exchange, Richard Whitney, was sent to jail.
5. A member of the President’s Cabinet, Albert Fall, was pardoned from jail.
6. The greatest “bear” on Wall Street, Jessie Livermore, committed suicide.
7. President of the world’s greatest monopoly, Ivar Krueger, committed suicide.
8. President, Bank of International Settlement, Leon Fraser, committed suicide.
They forgot to make a life!
Just made Money!
Money provides food for the hungry, medicine for the sick, clothes for the needy;
but is only a medium of exchange.
We need two kinds of education.
One that teaches us how to make a living;
and one that teaches us how to live.
People are engrossed in their professional life and neglect their family,
health and social responsibilities.
Our kids are sleeping when we leave home.
They are sleeping when we come home.
Twenty years later, we’ll turn back, and they’ll all be gone.
Without water, a ship cannot move.
The ship needs water, but,
if the water gets into the ship, the ship will face problems and sink.
Similarly, we live in a time where earning is a necessity;
but let not the earning enter our hearts;
for, what was once a means of living,
will be become a means of destruction.!!!???
So take a moment and ask yourself….
has the water entered my ship?”
Sent by Arun Shroff.
It is worth pondering. Why? Why? Why?
Why all these mishaps in the home of capitalism?
In our craze for wealth are we missing to find out why God made us?
I suppose this is what Ravishankarji meant when he said the that government government schools produced Maoist.
He put it wrongly.
Some of the politicians stood up to say they came from government schools.
Well, I can only say that it proved what Ravishankarji said.
It did not disprove him.
If these are the quality of politicians government schools have made, the government schools should be closed down and handed over to religious minded people.