Saturday, February 4, 2012

A Thesis on Farts

The following speech was given by 6th grader Sophie Paterson at the Central
Hawke’s Bay Primary Schools Rotary speech competition in New Zealand.
Hi, today I am going to talk to you about farts.
Some people think farts are rude and some people think farts are funny, like
me.
I think farts are hilarious.
Farting is a fact of life. Everybody farts. The Queen farts, superstars fart
and I fart. We will fart until the day we die.
And apparently a person can still fart after death!!
Do you know why we fart?
Flatulence, wind or farts, whatever you like to call them, is the production
of the mixture of gases in the digestive tract, that are by products of the
digestive process.
The average person farts about 14 times a day, which produces about half a
litre of fart gas. (Personally, I think I fart more than 14 times a day).
Farts are made up of the following: Nitrogen, the main ingredient making up
59 percent; next behind is hydrogen at 21 percent; 9 percent carbon dioxide;
7 percent methane, 3 percent oxygen and 1 percent other stuff.
But listen to this - hydrogen sulphide is the compound that makes them
stink!
Here are the top 10 farter's:
1. Termites
2. Camels
3. Zebras and my pony Free
4. Sheep
5. Cows
6. Elephants
7. Labradors and retrievers
8. Humans (vegetarians)
9. Humans (non-vegetarians)
10. Gerbils (also known as the
desert rat)
If If you are going to fart, do not sit by flames, because farts are very
flammable.
Also, they can come motoring out of your body at 10 kmh.
No wonder some of you have holes in your undies!
Please do not panic if you find yourself trapped in a small space like a
closet, as it is impossible to suffocate in your own farts. Unless Ben (my
little brother) is in there with you!
Anyway next time you fart, don’t think it’s rude. Just know that
everybottie, oops, I mean, everybody, farts.
Thank you for listening to my fartastic speech.
Here’s a little poem that I’d like to share with you.
“A fart can be useful
It gives the body ease.
It warms the bed in winter
And suffocates the fleas.”
Barry Oz


Sent by Prakash Bhartia

No comments: