Sunday, August 3, 2008

Three refreshing mails by Mr.Mathew Lobo

The three mails posted by Mr.Mathew Lobo, viz. "Do your friends a favour", "A Dog's Purpose" and "5 minutes' Management Course" made excellent reading. They were like a cool breeze driving away the stifling atmosphere created by the corrupt political doldrums in India. I really enjoyed them, giving me a mental relief. I expect many more such wonderful articles from Mr.Lobo to boost my energy. But, sadly, tragic incidents never seem to end. Two young children, one four year old and the other five, were found murdered in the Gurukul at Chhindwara, Madhya Pradesh, two days ago. Another tragedy occured today at Naina Devi Temple, Himachal Pradesh, where 125 persons died in a stampede. My mind never gets the chance to settle down. But, life must go on, inspite of all the tragedies.
I'll be going to Manimahesh with my brother-in-law on the 24th of this month. It'll be a ten day trip, with a little of trekking. Manimahesh is in Himachal Pradesh, about 14,000 feet. I don't know whether there will be snow or not. Last year I went to Kedarnath at the end of May and it was snowing heavily. I had a tough time. No connection with the rest of the world for ten days.

No comments: