Saturday, August 9, 2008

Msgs from Old Boys 32

Msg from Thondup Sherpa

Dear Thondup,

Yes, the communists can never be trusted.
Right from the time of the British they had extra territorial loyalties.
Why should they change now?
But all politicians of all political parties are the same.
See the tamasha they did during the "No Confidence" debate.
I only regret that the Pakistani terrorists failed in their attempt in blowing up parliament with all the members inside. One of them is still awaiting the result of his petition to the President for clemency. Poor chap. he should be given another chance.
I am based in Kolkata.
Do come over, when you come this side.My cell no is 9331259878
J K Ghosh is in Delhi.
You could meet him, if you go that side.
Bye for now.

Radheshyam
05.08.2008

Dear Chief

I have been travelling a bit so could not reply earlier...my apologies.

You know after having been given a really bad timeby the Banks I realise that the old axiom is true...a banker is a man who insists on giving you an umbrella on a very pleasant day and the demanding it back the moment it starts to rain. What most people do NOT realise is that IFNO ONE BORROWED FROM THEBANKS THENTHEBANKSTHEMSELVESWOULD GO BANKRUPT !!!!!
As for the CPI-M ..and Prakash Karat and Gang....our country has still to hear a qualified definite answer from the Communists to these 2 questions

1. Who attacked whom in the 1962 Indo-China war ?
2. Is Arunachal Pradesh and the erstwhile NEFA a part of India or China

Their masters are in Peking and for them the Party is more important than our country. As a lay man completely ignorant about Science, leave alone nuclear physics and nuclear politics, I like many of us in the country trust and respect our former President Dr Kalam. So if he says that the nuclear deal is good for us then we believe him. After all there has to be someone that we can all trust. So it did come a complete surprise when Karat & Gang began mouthing the deal as anti-muslim....has Dr Kalam converted ? It just showed how desperate Karat & Co wereto obey Peking's dictats. Asthey say a drowning man will clutch at even straws.

Till next time

Thondup
05.08.2008

P.S. ARE YOU BASED IN CAL OR DELHI ???? WILL BE IN BOTH CITIES THIS MONTH. WOULD BE NICE TO MEET YOU.


Msg from Richard Johnson

Dear Richard,
I am just back from my holidays and I wish I could forget these holidays,
I usually go once a year on a spiritual mission for meditation amd being in the viscinity of my Guru.
This year circusmstances have left a bad taste in our mouths.
I understand your problem.
All you boys who live outside the subcontinent will not understand the problems of India, Pakistan, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh.
Democaracy has taken deep roots in the Western countries and the people are educated. You have mostly a two party system where if one is not satisfied with one party, you can vote it out.
In our countries, we have a choice between the devil and the deep sea.
We can chose one corrupt party or a second more corrupt one and a third most corrupt one.
We boys who have passed out from schools like Goethals cannot stoop to become politicians as our consciences would not allow us. We are trying to do our duty by writing to awaken society.
It is good having a variety of writings in the blog.
I do like your account of your holidays and drive on passing the batton.
However, it seems our boys are very self centered and do not find the time to write of their experiences which would benefit others.
I have received just a few positive responses to Bro. James request for donations. Of course, he too has not been able to provide the bank details and answers to some of the queries asked by our boys.
I am still recovering from the Ahmedabad shock and hope to start writing in the blog from this Saturday.
Best regards
Radheshyam
05.08.2008

Dear Radheshyam,

You must still be away ... hope it's a holiday ... I'm off again, this time for four weeks to Germany and Italy and Ill be back on September 8. So, I thought I'd drop you an email before I go. I'm having a few doubts - mixed feelings... I look at my last contribution to the blog and I'm not sure what to think ... It's about holidays and publishing and recommending holiday reading ... On one level, I feel embarrassed - the entry look vacuous - frivolous - empty... It is surrounded by entries on life and death - murder - terrorism - serious and heavy politics... I am certainly not suggesting how and what people should write - I am just questioning what I am writing... I was thinking about writing about how the 'Passing the Baton' can be made a more accessible idea that more may contribute to ... to make it into a viable book ... a more sustainable option to help Bro James ... But am I talking to anyone? there's little on nor response - or feedback or comments ... I'm just wondering ... Your thoughts would be more than welcome ... when you have a moment .... Like everyone, I think, I am soooo busy ... I love writing in the blog but...

I'll think more about the issue(s) ...

Best wishes to you and your family.

Regards

Richard
03.08.2008

Msg from Indranil Aich

Dear all,
I feel our blog should be talking about our school and alumni. What is correct to me might notbe correct to another individual . I saw a breaking news yesterday where the channel flashes" one Indian mrtyr killed onthe LOC and five pakistani jawans(infiltrators) killed while infiltrating". What is matryr to me is infiltrator to others .And then, there is media for their TRP ratings!!! Having worked ith them closely especially the indian media (in the footsteps of our earlier rulers mouth piece BBC) hype comes naturally .
GODMEN andMEDIA have done no good to us hence ,its a futile effort to justify one over another.
With warmregards,
Indranil aich
27.07.2008

Msg from Peter Barber

Hello Rad,

What's up my friend ,have not heard from you in a long while, what's upset you?Always was a pleasure receiving your news letter.Many Saturdays have now gone by, hope all's well on the home and work front.

Bye for now,

Peter Barber
24.07.08

Hello Peter,
I am sorry if my mails are not reaching you.
I have been sending regularly Upto # 31, except for the last two weeks as I had gone on leave. I have in fact send one mail about 3/4 days ago about the situation in Ahmedabad where I have come.
Some of our boys have taken objection to my political views.
I shall put all those views up when I come back after my leave.
Regards

Radheshyam
25.07.08

Hi Radheshyam,

Many thanks for your prompt reply,but was sorry not to have received a few of your mails.It did bring back memories of good old G M S,Incidentally, Mr Lobo's eldest brother was married to my sister,so I can say ,though I was a boarder since 1954 -1957 I felt privileged to have a member of the family, though fairly distant serving as a Teacher during my term, but I must also add I was never given any preferential treatment.
Have a good holiday and hope to hear from you in the near future as for your political views, well that is your business and every human has views of one sort or another so you just get on with what you are doing and it's a good thing at that.I n your own way and unbeknown to you , you have managed to bridge a long lasting friendship, between my wife and her sisters with two of the old G M S boys(i.e Keith Hayward and his brother) after a period of nearly 40 plus years.
Look forward to your forthcoming newsletters,
Regards,
Peter
25.07.08

Msg from Bro. James

Dear Radheshyam,
I thought of you when I saw the riots on T.V but I was not sure whether you were going to see the same guru or other person. Nevertheless I prayed for you. Thanks for clearing the air. It will all quieten down for the better. Politics is a dangerous business. Wish you a pleasant stay. God bless,
Br. James

No comments: