Saturday, June 7, 2008

Msgs from Old Boys 25

Msg from Safiul,

Re: Chinese Cuisine, last week

Can't afford to go to Beijing.
So will watch the coverage on TV and eat Chinese from local restaurants [there are great ones neear home] and live vicariously!
Safiul


Msg from John Kingsley

Hi Guys,

This is one amazing walk you’ve got to check out!

JohnK


http://brightcove.tv/title.jsp?title=1438490562

Please click on the above link for an easy morning walk.
Especially advised for heart Patients ....RSS

Msg from Raj Bose

Good day Mr. Sharma
Please find some information about the recent chinese eart quake.
I stay in Hong Kong and always wish we were as profficient in India.

(See attached file: Hero.pps).

Thank you
Best regards


Msg from Pat Peirce

Dear Pat,
Thanks for your mail.
Happy to note you have finally received the chip.
I have already included K F Liu in the mailing list.
If you have taken any snaps in Switzerland, why don't you send then over by e-mail for the blog?
You could also mail them to sir, Mr. Lobo. He has not posted an article for a long time.
It would be a sight for most of us who have not been to or will ever go to Switzerland.
I understand the glaciers there are also melting like ours in the Himalayas.
Warm regards

Radheshyam

Dear Radheshyam
Many thanks for passing the word on to Arjun!
I rec'd. the camera chip soon after my return from Switzerland.
I was recently talking to my old classmate, Ker Fah Liu, who lives in West Virginia,
and told him about yr. Saturday letter.
He asked if you would be so kind as to put him on yr. mailing list.
Shall ask him to drop you a line.
With best wishes –
Pat.


Msg from Amresh Choudhary.

Hi brother...I am Amresh Choudhary 97 batch...went through ur e mails. It was great. Had a flash back of GMS DAYS. At present I m looking after my farm n at the same time I m also running a NGO at Katihar/ Bihar

Msgs recd Re:
Proposed get-together at Canada


Hello Goats!
My name is Shenpenn Yungdrung Khemsar and am now living in Vancouver BC so I wont be able to attend the reunion.
I think it is such a great idea and am glad that we have people initiating this so I wish you all a great reunion party and will be there is spirits.
Please send me pictures if possible.
Thank you,
Shenpenn
Willy:


I did not graduate from Goethals. I was in Goethals six years 1955 -
1960. Then I left -- circumstances not connected to GMS. I live in
Connecticut, and am really interested. I was encouraged to see that
the June 28th date is not set in stone. I can't get away then. But
how about some day in July or August -- would that be agreeable?

Safiul Huda


Hello John,
Since the date 28th June, given by Willy is tentative, you could give alternate dates, which would be suitable.
This way you could all arrange a date, which is most suitable to majority of you.
Cheers
Radheshyam

Hi Willy,

Cheers for Goethals. What a splendid idea!
Unfortunately I will not be able to attend as we have a family gathering here in Winnipeg that weekend.
However, I shall forward your email to my classmate Richard Kelly who lives in Brampton.
Perhaps you could add his name to your future mailings. Please keep me posted as well.
Finally we have someone who is taking it upon himself to start a tradition which will hopefully last for many years to come.
Good show !

John Kingsley (Class of ’62). Winnipeg, Manitoba.


Hello Radesh,
Thanks for the usual report, which of course we all treasure in spite of your busy schedule. Also, big thanks for the warning!!! I almost registered knowing it was you, but something told me to hang on a little while longer. That’s when I read your email warning, which has prompted me to stay away.
The ex Goethalites from the Toronto area are meeting June 28th. I just got a note from Willy Wu and I can't wait for that reunion. Will tell you all about it later. Maybe send you some photos too of all our grey hairs.
Take care Radhesh and don't beat up any bus drivers now!! Just kidding.
Ralph


Hi Ralph,

Tried to get you on the cell, but you were not available.
Guess what,I have a list of about 23 names of us from
Goethals in Toronto and nearby.

At the moment I am waiting, for you to confirm June 28th.
based on your vacation schedule. Once I have that day
finalized, I will go ahead and email the information
about the reunion to all those on the list.

Most probably we will meet at " Silverstar Buffet " for
dinner at our own expense. No reservation is required
and many people can join at the last minute.

Should you want another date for the reunion, then
lets suggest July 5th.After that I have three weddings
booked for the remaining July weekends.

Forwarding a copy of this email to Radhesh. He is very
interested to know how this reunion is coming along.

Thanks,

Willy Wu ( 1971 ).
2.06.2008

Hello Everyone,

My name is Willy Wu, graduated from Goethals in 1971.

At the moment, I'm trying to organize a reunion for all
of us from Goethals, who are living in Toronto and nearby
towns. The suggested date for this reunion is June 28/08.
Sorry for such a short notice, and the reason being
that it took me time to find all of you. Besides, I've
never organized an event before. Any in feed from you
will be greatly appreciated, and questions welcomed.
Since this will be our first meeting, spouses are welcomed,
but not necessary, maybe next time. Sorry ladies...

Most probably, we will all meet for a buffet dinner at
" STAR WALK BUFFET " in Scarborough at 7:00 p.m.

Bear in mind that June 28/08 has not been confirmed.
More information will be given once I get your answer
as to whether you are interested to meet the rest of
us or not. Please try to email me asap and in return I
will send you the confirmation.

My phone number is 416-227-1783.
Email:willywcwu@hotmail.com

Thanks,
Willy.

No comments: