Saturday, June 14, 2008

Messages from Old Boys 27

Msg from Saumyajit

Sorry Saumyajit,
Gaurav till date hasn’t submitted his details.
I am in office just now.
When I go home in the evening, I'll try to find out from the other 1987 boys and let you know.
Anuj Malhotra E-mail: anujpekoe@gmail.com
Saikat Sarkar E-mail: psaikygms1@rediffmail.com; saikat.sarkar@citi.com
Ujjwal Das E-mail: ujjwaldas@rediffmail.com

Dear Sir,

Thanks for your prompt reply. I would be pleased to know about Gaurav Chatrath Batch ICSE 1987.

Thanks in advance,

Cheers!!

Saumyajit

Dear Saumyajit,

The records are slow in coming and it will take quite a long time to collect all the data at the rate they are coming in.
If, however, you would like any details of your batch mate, I would be most happy to give you, if they have sent it.
Please feel free to ask.

Cheers

Radheshyam

Dear Sir,

Please find my personal details as attached. Also would like to know if the data has been compiled, am anxious to know about it.

Regards,

Saumyajit



Msg from Ralph

Hello Radesh,
Thanks for the update. The pictures of the Chinese disaster areas were fantastic. Although you think they were shown for propaganda purposes, they were still breathtaking and emotional. Which country does not do the same? After all, you have to remember that the 2008 Summer Olympics are going to be held there. It's good to see that they are coping and will come through with this eventually.
We have finalized our reunion for June 28th.in Toronto. Will give you the scoop the day after. I could not recognize anyone except Keith Wallace in the picture taken in front of our school entrance during the 100 yrs. centennial. Some look familiar but that’s about it. I'm going to have to ask Marc.
Take care and be safe,
Ralph


Msg from Keith Hayward

Hello Keith,

Your mail brought back all the memories as if it was just yesterday. It was very good. I'll post it on our blog next Saturday.
For "Passing the Baton" what Richard meant was experiences in life which would be beneficial for the new generation and others.
Your experiences in college, work place or personal life.
We have between all the old boys of GMS about 300000 man-days of experience. If you want how I calculated, I could give that.
Some good, some bad and some ugly and some neutral.
If we remove 8 hrs of sleep per day, it still comes to 200000.
If we remove 50% neutral experience we should be having about 100000 man hours of experience.
If we could chronicle even 10% of that, it would be 10000 man hours.
Suppose only 50% of our boys are connected by net, it still gives us 5000 man hours.
If we consider one man hour of experience as one page, we could have a 5000 page of experiences.
This book would put Leo Tolstoy's War & Peace to shame.
Just think, take out your ball pen and start writing.
Don't worry of the commas and full stops, we will correct all that.

Warm regards

Radheshyam


Hello Radheshyam,

I would like to reminisce my not so good memories at School(1954/60!
Starting with daily Morning Mass, (Roman Catholics) angelically praying!!
The Fluorescent light above me fell on the ground and exploded into my eyes.
It was a week in the Infirmary.
Annual sports training,
I got a Hammering by Sir (Matt) for not passing the ball to the next team player.
I was rushed to Darjeeling Hospital with an expected Hernia.(It was a Groin Strain).
Morning Inspection,
Bro. Ponese (Principal) laughed at my dirty shoes,
I was sent to wait at his office.
1/2 hour later I got the best of 3 with the Cane.
Quarterly Cards (Pink Excellence),(Blue Good), White (Fair) &Yellow BAD)I
Expected Pink.
As usual, I got Yellow! Sir McKenzie brought out the Strap, 2 cuts in the palm.
Bro. Cahill (Khattu).
You would never see or hear him at class, but you know you get a Khut from behind, or the Eraser whiz pass your head, At least for us, he was a bad shot!
Bro. Doyle would lift us up by our Ears, again for talking.
Just a few off my head.
We always respected our Elders.
Great people, great memories, great school,
G.O.E.T.H.A.L.S
Please ''Pass The Baton''.

Keith(Hayward) 1954/60.
8.6.2008

No comments: