Wednesday, January 2, 2008

MESSAGES FROM OLD BOYS 3

Hi friends,

Another week has passed since posting of all the messages received from you all.
I am pleased to note the blog is achieving the purpose it set out to achieve.
Our boys are going out to communicate with each other.
An important message has been posted by NK in the message below.
I would request our boys, who have a very wide contact circle, to see if they can be of any help.
I know we can help each other in this. Let this be a start.
I am further pleased to inform that Mr. Lobo is back in Kolkata.
If you find any of your friends among those who have posted messages, go ahead, please contact them.
If you haven’t, then post your message. Maybe they will contact you.
I am still looking for my class friends.
V Janardanan, Venkat Raghavan, Roger Brady, Sheane Brady, P Dhakwa, Clifton D’Aubney, Tony Dayton.
Anybody have any idea where they are?

Radheshyam
Msg from N K Sircar

Dear NK,

Nice hearing from you, N K.
This is how we knew you at school and your brother as SK.
If I remember right you used to play in the goal and your brother was in the forward line in football. We met your brother at the party we had at Bengal club before the centenary and at Goethals during the centenary. He seemed hale and hearty, though a bit balled
We are all very proud of all that you have achieved in life.
May you rise to even higher heights.
Saiful Huda, who was also in your class, was looking for your contact details.
I hope he may have contacted you after my recent posts where your details were given.
In case he has not you may do so. He ID is shuda@ccri.edu.and he is also in the states.
Re: Your daughter is our daughter.
We shall find her an ideal husband.
I hope she still has Indian values and not accumulated the heady values of the Western countries.
For work ethics I like western countries, but for family values and peace of mind, there is nothing to beat India.
Do keep us informed of your postings and whereabouts.
Warm regards

Radheshyam
2.1.2008


To : Dear Radesh & all our x Goethalites

It is a great pleasure to hear those voices , those were the days. Presently me & my wife are in New York with my lawyer daughter, I will be going on the 4th Jan 2008 to Sydney , Australia on personal business and be back to Toronto on the 22 nd. Jan 2008 and leaving on 28 th. Jan 2008 for Commox / Vancouver/ BC , Canada to take up new assignment.

I will keep you posted, please give my best wishes & happy new year greeting to all the Goethalites on your email list,& also they can send me their emails addresses & phone #s.

For my daughter we are looking for marriage. If you know any Indian qualified / professional boy above 26 yrs, old living with his family in USA. (Please inform us),

We will keep in touch

Good by for now.

Best wishes

N. K. Sircar (Passed out 1964).
2.1.2008

Message from Willy, 1971

Hi Willy,

I passed out from Goethals in 1965.
So if you joined before that you may have seen me. But then you must have been a small boy.
I became involved with the centenary celebrations, some time in September, when I took some pictures of our party and posted them in my blog.
The overwhelming response I received from old boys made me realize how hungry our boys were for new of GMS.
The rest is history.
I have some spare time at hand as I go for work only three times a week.
The balance days I deal in shares from home and so can devote some time for Goethals.
With IT now available at fingertips, I hope to help each one of us get wired to each other.
The giant we know as Goethals has now woken up after a hundred years, like Kumbhakaran in the Mahabharata.
We must not allow it to go back to sleep.

Warm regards

Radheshyam
2.1.2008

Hi Radheshyam,

I've been receiving emails from you every now and then. Thanks
for including me in your contact list. We may not know each other,
but this has not deterred you from reaching out to many of us. I
like to shed a little light on my identity to you.

I am also from Kolkata (Calcutta), graduated from Goethals in 1971.
My elder brother Willie Wei Kan Wu graduated in 1962.Maybe you
don't recall his name.

I left Calcutta in 1975,and I'm wondering what the city is like now.
I failed to participate in the Centenary celebration, because I could
not get hotel accommodation.

Through you I'm getting some information about my old city. Please keep
up the good work. I can safely speak for every one of us out there, that
we truly appreciate your dedication to your endeavor in keeping Goethals
Memorial School’s spirit alive and strong in all of us.

I've lived in Toronto, Canada since 1975.

Wishing you and your family a very happy, safe and prosperous 2008.

Willy Wu.


Message from Roy Joseph

Dear Radheshyam,
Thank you for your greetings.
Wishing you and your near and dear ones a very Happy and Prosperous New Year,
Roy Joseph
Coimbatore
1.1.2008.

Message from Thondup Sherpa

Dear Chief

Thank you for your wishes and a Very Happy New Year to You and your family too.

As for Benazir.... the down side of it all is that it shows how desperate those people must be - those who paid and instigated the killing. If it is Musharraf then god help Pakistan. But if it is the fundamentalists then Allah have mercy on all the Muslim womenfolk who have such a burden to bear in the name of a religion propounded by misguided zealots. I am sure the Prophet did NOT ever foresee the way his words would be twisted a few hundred years down the line.

Happy New Year

thondup tsering sherpa

Message from Bhaskar Chakravorti

I want to wish you all a awesome, cool and mindboggling 2008
.
I did some homework on urban words.
Bhaskar Chakravorti
Sudan
01.01.08

Msg from Suresh Adya

I reciprocate most heartily
Suresh Adya
01.01.08

Msg from Marc Sayce

Many thanks for your email - please pass on our best wishes to Mr Lobo and his family.
Regards,

Marc Sayce
Australia
30.12.07

Msg from Thondup Sherpa

Dear Thondup,
It was a pleasure to receive your letter.
Yes, those three days were memorable which we shall all cherish for the rest of our lives.
Tony Dayton was also a good friend of mine. He too is in Australia.
I am trying to locate him by asking Bruce Wallace to get his contact details.
Mr. Lobo is also going to help me.
His song and the tune still tinkles through my brains.
Has your daughter joined Dell?
Do let me know. If there is anything I can do to help her.
My son Jay is presently in Delhi but any help that she may require in Hyderabad can be arranged.
Don't ever feel shy to let me know.
After all what are old friends for.

Cheers.

Radheshyam


26th Dec 07

Dear Chief,

First of all thank you very much for the memories. Second - remember me ? The Class of 67 along with Keith Wallace, Partho Sengupta ... I was the one who gave you the bear hug...and I meant every muscle of it. It was wonderful meeting you. And for further reference I am the one whose daughter will be going to DELL for her summer placement.... placed me?

The Reunion was wonderful, to say the least. For those 3 days I travelled back in time and shed my post-school 40 years. They have a saying in Nepali " It is only the face that gets wrinkled. The heart remains young". I am grateful to GMS and consider myself blessed that my parents sent me there ( 1960 to 67 ). I was doubly blessed in that I had teachers like Br Morrow ( God Bless his soul ) and Mr. Lobo. In fact today, after a premature retirement I have returned to the ranks to the active Tax payer - all thanks to a small piece of metal. The GMS Alumni Badge!!!! But that is a long story...the short of it is that it all began with my trip to GMS for the Centenary.

Once again thank you for getting us all together. And yes, Tony Dayton is a name I have been trying to remember...he taught me the song " The Lightening Express " and I distinctly remember where I and NG Dorjee learn't it .....on the First Field while we were waiting for the rest of the guys to come down from the Box Room after tea. Strange how selective one's memory can be.

Take care

thondup tsering sherpa
26.12.2007

Msg from U L Mehta

Thanks a lot Radheshyam for sending Mr. Lobo's
address, so promptly. At present, I don't have any
other GMS person's address.

Thanks, I will certainly come back to you for any help
on other addresses that I may need.

Upendra Mehta
25.12.07
Msg from U L Mehta to Mr. Lobo

Hello Mr. Lobo,

It is a pleasant surprise to receive a copy of your
greetings message & for your very nice greetings card,
thanks to Radheshyam Sharma. It was also good to see
your photos at the GMS centenary event.

I also would like to wish you and your family a Merry
Christmas & a Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year.

I've had the privilege of being taught by you at
Goethals in 1958, in standard 6 ... that being my
first year there. You were our class teacher for the
full year.
I recall with gratitude, the dedicated and interesting
manner in which you taught us, and how you had
established a friendly wavelength with all the class
students. I remember the special extra efforts you
took to teach me how to improve my handwriting.

Some of our class mates were ... Ashok Kapur; Cecil
Gibbons from Dhubri, Assam; the Storey brothers -
Gordon and Roger, Andrew Clarle, Dipak Roy, Williams
from Andaman etc. Perhaps, you may be able to place us
now.

The other class teachers we had in the following 3
years were ... Br. Forhan & Br. J B Corbett.

Our stay at Goethals was good, memorable and of great
value ... we were fortunate to have great teachers,
and a good enabling environment.

I later did my Mechanical Engineering, and spent long
work tenures at IBM , and Wipro ... large computer
companies in India. I have now retired, and do some
training work in Business Communications, Sales &
Negotiations ... for corporate executives. I am now
based at Ghaziabad, a little beyond Delhi

I wish you all the best in the years ahead.

Warm regards,

Upendra L Mehta
25.12.07

No comments: